Need Advice Should I start a creepypasta channel?

Subscriber Goal
Hi Everyone,
I'm after some feedback and advice. My channel, The Dark Realm Diaries, concentrates on horror. I do book and movie reviews, horror trivia, frightening myths and legends from around the world etc.
I've just discovered creepypasta. As a published author, I'm really excited about this concept and creating it.
I'm torn between adding to my channel or creating a dedicated creepypasta channel.
I don't wan't to dillute or alienate my subscribers who like what I'm currently doing and I don't want to dilute my niche market (not that it's very unique!)
Since starting the Dark Realm Diaries, I've learnt a lot and I now have a better editing program etc.I know the first videos on my creepypastachannel would look way better than the first ones I made for my original channel.
I'm really torn on this atm so any advice, suggestions,or links would be really appreciated.
Thanks fellow Tube Buddies :)

Shawn Gossman

TubeBuddy Legend
www.hikingwithshawn.com
Subscriber Goal
I've seen some horror channels out there (none I can quote on hand) that do a mixture of different video content including the occasional creepypasta narration. You might try that until you really get the feel of it then move forward with a dedicated channel if you feel you want to expand it :) That a way, your original channel still has plenty of content as well. Do share the link if you do decide to create the pasta channel, I can't get enough of them :D

OP
OP
Michael J Elliott
Subscriber Goal
Thanks Shawn,
That does make a lot of sense. I could have my original content uploaded as normal and set aside a day each week to do a creepypasta video (I've already got the outlines for two!)
As you said, it would boost my content and if it wasn't as popular as I'd hoped I can just leave it on my original channel:blush:

Guitar Hack

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Why not do both! Add to your current channel and create a new channel.
It costs you nothing and will give you some good A/B testing.
You could make the same type of video, (same length, same title), so you can play with the tags and really see what works in your niche.

OP
OP
Michael J Elliott
Subscriber Goal
Why not do both! Add to your current channel and create a new channel.
It costs you nothing and will give you some good A/B testing.
You could make the same type of video, (same length, same title), so you can play with the tags and really see what works in your niche.
Thanks Guitar Hack,
That's a great idea. I can upload the creepypasta to both channels and see which channels get more views etc. The tag suggestion is great, if I find it's not doing well I can play around with them on one channel and compare. Now to come up with a great looking banner intro etc lol.