• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Vlog Channel Swiss Guy who loves to hike with a PhD in Political Science

The Swiss Hiker

TubeBuddy User
theswisshiker.ch
Subscriber Goal
User name: The Swiss Hiker
Title of introduction: Swiss Guy who loves to hike with a PhD in Political Science
Your name/ Alias: Benjamin
Where are you from? I live close to Zurich in Switzerland in the middle of Europe
How did you find TubeBuddy? I don't remember how I found TubeBuddy. I already have it installed since over a year, but I just found out today about the forum on the TB Discord channel
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I think it's a great possibility to exchange with other YouTubers and feedback each other.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: I actually have two channels with different goals: "The Swiss Hiker" is a channel about hiking, traveling and similiar things. This channel is about my biggest hobby. I mainly created it because I wanted to learn to produce videos and learn how YouTube works and combine it with one of my hobbies. The other channel "Dr. Benjamin Schlegel" is my professional channel. There I post videos about Statistics and R. The goal there is to get my name known in sience/statistics community.
How frequently do you upload? I upload weekly on both channels a regular video and started to also create shorts here and there.
What are your hobbies? One of my biggest hobby is hiking. Switzerland is an extremly beautiful country for hiking with many hiking path. Did you know that hiking path are part of our constitution? We have almost 70'000 km of hiking path, compared to 84'000km of streets. I started to get passioned about hiking around 10 years ago when I set a plan to walk from home in single day hikes to Geneva (I reached it after 17 hiking days over 2-3 years [I was quiet buisy at University]. Afterwards I continued and reached almost every place by foot in Switzerland, hike to Italy on three different ways, ot Austria, to France and to Germany. I did 50km hikes and hikes with more then 2100m of altitude. Currenty I'm for a research stay in Brisbane, Australia and hiked last Sunday on North Stradebroke island for 21km (with 30┬░C!), it was so amazing. Other then hiking I love to programme (e.g. Websites, R), taking photos/filming and sing in a choir since 1st grade.
What is your biggest dream? My biggest dream since primary school was to teach. Now I live my dream basically every semester teaching lectures and seminars at University of Zurich. Is there anything cooler than education our future and cummulty to impact of your knowledge? A dream I still have is to find a permanent job which gives me the possibility to teach for the next decates as the job as a Postdoctorand which I currently have has a limit of 6 years (I started last August after finishing my PhD in political science). The other dream probably many people have is a peaceful world where everyone can travel to any place and lives where she or he likes.
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/@TheSwissHiker / https://www.youtube.com/@benjaminschlegel

britaku

britaku.jcink.net
Subscriber Goal
Welcome to the Tubebuddy forum, Benjamin! It's great to have you join us. As a fellow Swiss hiker, I share your love for the outdoors and can't wait to hear about your latest adventures. It's also impressive to learn that you have a PhD in Political Science - we could definitely benefit from your insights and perspectives in our discussions. Myself, Britaku, as a new member of the forum and the owner of a news and blogging forum, I'm excited to connect with like-minded individuals who share my passion for content creation and digital marketing. Let's dive into the conversations and see what insights we can share with each other!

OP
OP
The Swiss Hiker

The Swiss Hiker

TubeBuddy User
theswisshiker.ch
Subscriber Goal
Welcome to the Tubebuddy forum, Benjamin! It's great to have you join us. As a fellow Swiss hiker, I share your love for the outdoors and can't wait to hear about your latest adventures. It's also impressive to learn that you have a PhD in Political Science - we could definitely benefit from your insights and perspectives in our discussions. Myself, Britaku, as a new member of the forum and the owner of a news and blogging forum, I'm excited to connect with like-minded individuals who share my passion for content creation and digital marketing. Let's dive into the conversations and see what insights we can share with each other!
Thanks Britaku for the warming welcome. At the moment I'm in Australia and just published a hiking video about a hike on the second largest sand island of the world a few our ago. If you watch it, let me know if you like it.