• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Instagram Instagram and TikTok for YouTube Shorts?

LibertyLinks

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
nbgrooms.com
Subscriber Goal
I have gotten into using both Instagram and TikTok as secondary platforms to grow an influencer/ YouTuber. The Shorts I put up on YouTube go up on the other platforms as well. Yea, this is a lot of work, but in the end its worth it if you're trying to get your skills in production to be seen by as many as possible. What do some of you think about this approach?

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Seems like most successful influencers stick with one social media site, at least at first while the channel is growing so they can ride any wave of momentum, virality, etc, that helps the channel grow. The debate is... if you're going to get 100k views would you want 25k per channel or just 100k on 1 channel?

Reactions: MattCommand1

Miles Ahead Racing

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
milesaheadracing.com
Subscriber Goal
I have gotten into using both Instagram and TikTok as secondary platforms to grow an influencer/ YouTuber. The Shorts I put up on YouTube go up on the other platforms as well. Yea, this is a lot of work, but in the end its worth it if you're trying to get your skills in production to be seen by as many as possible. What do some of you think about this approach?

I also share YouTube shorts on Instagram and Tik Tok...after they've been on YouTube for a day or 2 (or a week).

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
What do you mean by that?

If your goal is monetization from long form videos is it better to have the content available on just one social media site or have the same content on all of the social media sites? Some people think it divides your audience too much, especially if you're a niche channel which could result in none of the sites ever getting monetized.

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
A lot of work, I agree, BUT as long as you're able to keep up that work flow, why not continue to do so?

Likewise here - I'm posting my short-form videos on YT shorts, IG reels, TikTok, and recently FB reels. Same video across all those platforms - or your 'platform of preference' for your audience.

I'm growing nicely across all.

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
"The debate is... if you're going to get 100k views would you want 25k per channel or just 100k on 1 channel?"
What do you mean by that?
Interesting question - I'd definitely say 100k on 1 channel as that'll be the one that 'pops' and brings in the attention/eyeballs/audience. Continue steadily with content publication on that one, while focusing on growing the other accounts.

Reactions: Spray Paint David

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I say, spread the love around. I have accounts everywhere. TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Tumbler, Twitter, Reddit, Pintrest, and more. Why? Brand domination! I own the Jungle Explorer brand. Any new platform that arises, I grab an account asap. I post content to all the platforms to keep my Brand presence on the internet front and center. Type in Jungle Explorer on Google and you find me at the top. This is because all searches point to me.

YouTube is not the only game it town anymore. They used to be number one, but now they are just one of the crowd, and if things keep going the way there are, they will be following the pack. Make sure you are spreading the love around. As the old saying, "Never put all your eggs in one basket."

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
A lot of work, I agree, BUT as long as you're able to keep up that work flow, why not continue to do so?

Likewise here - I'm posting my short-form videos on YT shorts, IG reels, TikTok, and recently FB reels. Same video across all those platforms - or your 'platform of preference' for your audience.

I'm growing nicely across all.

So, I tend to believe that most people have their favorite platforms. And if you can get your content on multiple platforms, there will likely be new viewership on each platform. I notice that there was little duplication with my small group of TT followers and IG followers.

With only a few exceptions, I don't really watch any short-form. So I don't visit TT or IG very much. I also tend to think that TT viewers stand on TT a lot just like nearly all my views and view times revolves around YT content.

There are some hearty souls who can post on all the platforms. At this point, it is not sustainable for me to do that. If I get some help, more time, or change priorities, it could happen. But it is super tough to post diligently to all the platforms. I defer to the people who can and admire from afar.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I say, spread the love around. I have accounts everywhere. TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Tumbler, Twitter, Reddit, Pintrest, and more. Why? Brand domination! I own the Jungle Explorer brand. Any new platform that arises, I grab an account asap. I post content to all the platforms to keep my Brand presence on the internet front and center. Type in Jungle Explorer on Google and you find me at the top. This is because all searches point to me.

YouTube is not the only game it town anymore. They used to be number one, but now they are just one of the crowd, and if things keep going the way there are, they will be following the pack. Make sure you are spreading the love around. As the old saying, "Never put all your eggs in one basket."

I definitely agree in grabbing new accounts as new platforms arise even if you don't use them. I call them placeholder accounts. You have to be able to preserve your brand and shift gears very quickly. I have some minimal content on the platforms I think are important as placeholders.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
If your goal is monetization from long form videos is it better to have the content available on just one social media site or have the same content on all of the social media sites? Some people think it divides your audience too much, especially if you're a niche channel which could result in none of the sites ever getting monetized.

Do you actually see a divided audience? I tend to see new platforms as additive vs. divided because people tend to be loyal to their preferred platforms. But I freely admit that what I perceive could be a very narrow view.

Reactions: MediaMan

charlottepercy

"I've been using both Instagram and TikTok to grow as an influencer/YouTuber. The Shorts I create for YouTube also go up on these platforms through Picnob. It's definitely a lot of work, but the exposure and reach make it worth it. My production skills are getting noticed by a broader audience, and I'm thrilled about the potential opportunities ahead. If you're trying to expand your influence, consider giving Picnob a shot too