• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Where did this third party link come from?

Steve G

Hello,
I'm new to the Forum so please bear with me.
I have a YouTube channel primarily consisting of Eighties pop music. I noticed the other day that a third party link has appeared below one of my videos stating "Suggested by LDS" (please see image below for screengrab).
Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 07.54.28 copy.png

I've not encountered this before, it appears to be a comedy video recommendation based on the comedy video I've posted. The question is who are 'LDS' and can the entry somehow be deleted or opted out from?
Cheers.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
It could be the publisher of the original content? If not... no idea.
The comedy album by Goldsmith was released by Little Dot Studos (LDS)... did they have anything to do with Smack The Pony TV show?

OP
OP
Steve G

Steve G

It could be the publisher of the original content? If not... no idea.
The comedy album by Goldsmith was released by Little Dot Studos (LDS)... did they have anything to do with Smack The Pony TV show?
You're right, it's the copyright claimant inserting a link. I've made the videos private, copyright claimants posting additional links is just taking the Mick.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I'm assuming your channel is not monetized, but with 30k+ subs I'd have a 80's inspired merch store ready to go!

OP
OP
Steve G

Steve G

I'm assuming your channel is not monetized, but with 30k+ subs I'd have a 80's inspired merch store ready to go!
It looks a lot but the videos I'm uploading now are barely getting into the hundreds. Appearances can be deceptive. ;)

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
but the videos I'm uploading now are barely getting into the hundred

yah, I saw that, and depending on what you read (and believe)... because it's not original content, YouTube may be throttling your views. But that's why I suggested an 80s merch store, not to get any more views or subs, but to take advantage of the existing subscriber base.