• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice How important are hashtags?

Bdominique

When I started uploading videos, I wasn't informed about tags or hashtags. I'd seen hashtags on other videos but never thought about adding them myself.

I decided to try adding hashtags to my last two most recent videos. Their views are very much lower than the views i got on my hash tag less videos.

Maybe the videos weren't as good, sure. But I wonder if actually adding hashtags had something to do with it, limiting their reach because they're put in a specific category :thinking:. Instead of just being there tag less. Maybe that's not the right way to look at it.

What do you guys think? Are hashtags as useful or important? I've got to decide what I'm going to do on future videos. Also I've never used tags just hashtags recently.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
They are not as important as they once were, but they do count in an overall SEO strategy. If you are an education, business or niche channel, you can really out earn ($) anyone else by positioning yourself over the next two or three years with well placed, longtail keywords weighted in favor of your channel against "weaker" competition.

Reactions: Bdominique
OP
OP
B

Bdominique

They are not as important as they once were, but they do count in an overall SEO strategy. If you are an education, business or niche channel, you can really out earn ($) anyone else by positioning yourself over the next two or three years with well placed, longtail keywords weighted in favor of your channel against "weaker" competition.
Makes sense! I'll keep this in mind

HastyHighlights

Thank you!