• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Question about end screens

John316

Recognized Member
I was watching a video from a creator channel 'Film Booth' who says in order to increase viewer session times never 'finish' a video. In other words, tell the viewer that 'to learn more, watch this video right here."

So, in my case, I am doing reviews of other people's videos. So, what kind of way can I end my videos that will compell a person to watch the next review?

noCode

1. Tease what's to come in the next review. This could involve mentioning a specific aspect of the video that you'll be covering, or hinting at a surprising or controversial opinion that you have. For example, you could say something like:

• "In my next review, I'll be taking a deep dive into the cinematography of this film. If you're a fan of [cinematographer's name], you won't want to miss this!"
  • "I think you're all going to be shocked by my opinion of this video's ending. Tune in next time to find out what I thought!"

2. Ask a question that encourages viewers to think about the video you just reviewed. This could be a question about the video's meaning, its impact, or its relevance to current events. For example, you could ask something like:

• "What did you think of the video's portrayal of [social issue]?"
  • "How do you think this video will be remembered in the years to come?"
  • "What other videos would you recommend that explore similar themes?"

3. Show a sneak peek of the next video. This could be a short clip from the video, or a behind-the-scenes look at the filming process. For example, you could show:

• A clip of the most exciting or suspenseful moment from the next video
  • A shot of the YouTuber setting up their camera or doing research
  • A quick interview with a person who will be featured in the next video

4. Include a call to action. This could be something as simple as asking viewers to like and subscribe to your channel, or it could be something more specific, like asking them to share their thoughts on the video in the comments section. For example, you could say something like:

• "If you enjoyed this review, please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel for more!"
  • "What did you think of [video title]? Let me know in the comments below!"
  • "I'd love to hear your thoughts on this video. Share it with your friends and let's start a conversation!"