• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life YouTube Taxes

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
So the time has come to file taxes. I'm not an expert but this is not my first time, however this year I received a 1099-MISC from YouTube. A lot of boxes have either 0.00 or are blank like 16-18. When inputting the information for TurboTax I left boxes 16-18 blank because they are blank on my form. TurboTax will not let me proceed until I fill out box 17. (See attached pictures)

Do I put in 'CA' because that is where Google is located or do I put my own state NC?
If I do put CA, will I have to file income with CA and have this possibly open up a whole nother can of worms??

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 1.24.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 1.24.48 PM.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 1.25.17 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 1.25.17 PM.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Alidervash

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I would not open that can of worms. If you are wholly-based live and work in NC, I see no reason to put California. As far as I am concerned, my YT income very much goes to the state I file it in. That is my opinion from a person who files their own tax returns. So, take what I said with a grain of salt and personal opinion, not financial advice.

OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I would not open that can of worms. If you are wholly-based live and work in NC, I see no reason to put California. As far as I am concerned, my YT income very much goes to the state I file it in. That is my opinion from a person who files their own tax returns. So, take what I said with a grain of salt and personal opinion, not financial advice.
Ok. Thank you so much.