• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Please stop ChatGPT and AI responses on these forums

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It appears that a couple of new accounts are using ChatGPT or some AI responses in lieu of human responses because real people don't write like that.

I think if new accounts are allowed to start posting responses with ChatGPT and AI programs, this will diminish the overall quality of these forums. I would like clarification if that is allowed or not.

Personally, if people want ChatGPT and AI responses, people can go to the respective AI programs. But we don't need that fake nonsense here on these forums.

I believe forums should be about real dialog and responses from real people, not this B.S. notion that AI will become the voice of someone.

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

Aialaden

Agreed.... On the plus side. The more chat bots in the world, the more real human content will stick out.

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
It appears that a couple of new accounts are using ChatGPT or some AI responses in lieu of human responses because real people don't write like that.

I think if new accounts are allowed to start posting responses with ChatGPT and AI programs, this will diminish the overall quality of these forums. I would like clarification if that is allowed or not.

Personally, if people want ChatGPT and AI responses, people can go to the respective AI programs. But we don't need that fake nonsense here on these forums.

I believe forums should be about real dialog and responses from real people, not this B.S. notion that AI will become the voice of someone.
Hi Matt,

Great question. I'm actually one of the newer accounts that has been using ChatGPT in my responses from time to time, as it thought was offering a different perspective. While I understand your concerns about the quality of the forum potentially dropping, I do think that we need to embrace ChatGPT in our discussions as it can be a valuable tool for expanding the range of ideas and insights that are shared here.

Nobody's replacing human conversation, but perhaps complementing it.

Yes, as someone who's embraced ChatGPT, I do think it's important to use it responsibly and thoughtfully, to ensure that our contributions are helpful and relevant to the discussion. Obviously, it'll always be the real human engagement that is key to building any strong, respectful community.

Why not keep the conversations going, and keep an open mind to what new technologies can offer us in our discussions? I think it's been fascinating to see how quickly ChatGPT has affected so many facets of our lives - and will (scarily?) continue to do so to levels we're not seen nor imagined.

My 2 cents - I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Respectfully yours,

Xavier

OP
OP
M

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Hi Matt,

Great question. I'm actually one of the newer accounts that has been using ChatGPT in my responses from time to time, as it thought was offering a different perspective. While I understand your concerns about the quality of the forum potentially dropping, I do think that we need to embrace ChatGPT in our discussions as it can be a valuable tool for expanding the range of ideas and insights that are shared here.

Nobody's replacing human conversation, but perhaps complementing it.

Yes, as someone who's embraced ChatGPT, I do think it's important to use it responsibly and thoughtfully, to ensure that our contributions are helpful and relevant to the discussion. Obviously, it'll always be the real human engagement that is key to building any strong, respectful community.

Why not keep the conversations going, and keep an open mind to what new technologies can offer us in our discussions? I think it's been fascinating to see how quickly ChatGPT has affected so many facets of our lives - and will (scarily?) continue to do so to levels we're not seen nor imagined.

My 2 cents - I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Respectfully yours,

Xavier

Xavier,

Your responses seem natural to me. Your engagement feel very natural so I was not referring to you. You attached screenshots of ChatGPT responses. I see no issues with that. I think that is a great tool as reference.

I believe Nody recently deleted an account because there was nothing personal in that response.

If you used ChatGPT to craft your response to me, I would be shocked.

I think you bring a breath of fresh air here with your perspectives. Trust me when I say you did not come to my mind at all in my ChatGPT remark.

OP
OP
M

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I want to be clear, my voice carries no more weight than any other person. TB is their own company and these are their forums.

But I can tell you, I will vote with feet if I start coming here and everyone starts responding entirely with ChatGPT. I have no issues with using ChatGPT as a tool to complement or make certain points but when an account puts zero effort into making posts except copy and pasting uncredited responses from ChatGPT, I am done.

I can't speak for anyone except myself but I am partially here to speak with real people, not their assistants, not their AI, etc. My time is valuable and I give real responses. I am not running my answers through anything. But some people need to run their posts through spell-check or Google Translate and not type like we are text messaging each other.

Like it or not, forums are a written medium.

"Theyr HAAAS 2 BEEE sum sTanDardZZZ 4 A fourum"

It kant beee a FREEE4ALLL ware anyting GOEZ.

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
I want to be clear, my voice carries no more weight than any other person. TB is their own company and these are their forums.

But I can tell you, I will vote with feet if I start coming here and everyone starts responding entirely with ChatGPT. I have no issues with using ChatGPT as a tool to complement or make certain points but when an account puts zero effort into making posts except copy and pasting uncredited responses from ChatGPT, I am done.

I can't speak for anyone except myself but I am partially here to speak with real people, not their assistants, not their AI, etc. My time is valuable and I give real responses. I am not running my answers through anything. But some people need to run their posts through spell-check or Google Translate and not type like we are text messaging each other.

Like it or not, forums are a written medium.

"Theyr HAAAS 2 BEEE sum sTanDardZZZ 4 A fourum"

It kant beee a FREEE4ALLL ware anyting GOEZ.
100%, Matt.

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
Xavier,

Your responses seem natural to me. Your engagement feel very natural so I was not referring to you. You attached screenshots of ChatGPT responses. I see no issues with that. I think that is a great tool as reference.

I believe Nody recently deleted an account because there was nothing personal in that response.

If you used ChatGPT to craft your response to me, I would be shocked.

I think you bring a breath of fresh air here with your perspectives. Trust me when I say you did not come to my mind at all in my ChatGPT remark.
No harm was done whatsoever. Indeed - it'd be sad to come onto this forum and only see ChatGPT responses.

Post some thought-provoking questions/answers, mixed with stats to back it up, and a potential ChatGPT screenshot here & there, and we're in play! Let's have a discussion, see other people's points of view, and let's all learn!

Appreciate you saying those kind words - it's WYSIWYG - which may not always be what people want to hear, but I rather have it that way as that's how I'd like to be treated as well. Why give someone a completely wrong answer to ease their growing pains vs a straight-forward answer so they can readjust their YT reality?! Too many times in my personal life where I wished people would have approached me that way vs the 'cotton ball approach'...

BTW -- it wasn't until after your post that I started looking around for potential "ChatGPT-only responses" and ran into a number of them per your point! I rather see a screenshot of those answers TOGETHER with our human interpretation of sorts!

• Love
Reactions: MattCommand1