• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Question about Youtube trailer

John316

Recognized Member
When I have a trailer set up on my channel, every time I go to look at my channel to check something else that I'm working on to see if it looks right the trailer starts to play and it can get irritating (at least at times it does for me!) and it can mess with the video STATS. What do any of you do if anything at all with this at least while your testing and checking things out?

Last edited:

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
The number of views over time from watching your own trailer will become insignificant, so I wouldn't worry about it. It used to bug me early on when it was the only video getting views. :p lol..

• Haha
Reactions: Damon and John316
OP
OP
J

John316

Recognized Member
Hi i want to participate this. I made a 3 minute trailer always do a trailer of your channel ONCE you hit 100+ videos.
Anyways under the set up... the trailer video is on the front top paghe of the video. It seems the video will play automatically if your not a subscriber. But when your a subscriber that video isnt there anymore or it wont play like a bigger sizes view of it... How do i set up the video trailer to always play automatically even if your my susbcriber to my channel? So if you visit my channel and your already a susbcriber how do i actually set my trailer video to always and always play automatically the moment you visit my youtube channel.. even if your a subscriber and not just those who are aint subscribers.. I want it to play for unscribers and susbcribers and dont want the video to play automatically only for those who are not a subscriber.

The trailer is very important for me to let the subscribers and non subscribers a reminder of who i am and what i always do.... The only set up YouTube lets me under settings just seems that the video will play automatically and show on my page when your not a subscriber.... But how can you make it always play automatic even if your a subscriber????
There is a 'Trailer' and then there is a 'Featured Video', so, you could simply set your 3 minute video for both the trailer and featured videos. I would question your trailer being 3 minutes! You will have to have a super great video to hold a person's attention for 3 minutes! Just be sure to monitor your analytics of this 3 minute video to see if it is keeping people watching all the way to the end or not and if not, keep working on improving your video to see if you can boost your watch time of that video!

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
When I have a trailer set up on my channel, every time I go to look at my channel to check something else that I'm working on to see if it looks right the trailer starts to play and it can get irritating (at least at times it does for me!) and it can mess with the video STATS. What do any of you do if anything at all with this at least while your testing and checking things out?

I hate the autoplay also. So, I have a bookmark on each of my browsers that takes me directly to my Videos tab on my channel, not the main page with the autoplay. That is the easiest way I found to bypass this annoyance.

Reactions: kenjackson

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
Your Trailer should basically highlight everything that you can offer on your channel. Shoot the videos or take videos from your own channel. Edit them and condense them to less than a minute. Add some good transition effects. Be creative and add your Logo in the end. Your trailer will look attractive and catchy.

OP
OP
J

John316

Recognized Member
Your Trailer should basically highlight everything that you can offer on your channel. Shoot the videos or take videos from your own channel. Edit them and condense them to less than a minute. Add some good transition effects. Be creative and add your Logo in the end. Your trailer will look attractive and catchy.
Yes, I agree! Please give your thoughts on what should happen with the 3 minute video that kenjackson was talking about previously in this thread?

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, I agree! Please give your thoughts on what should happen with the 3 minute video that kenjackson was talking about previously in this thread?
Oh he meant that you should set your video as a trailer or featured video. This can be done through YouTube advanced settings in studio. There are many videos on YouTube that can teach you how to do that.

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal

You should not be going to your channel to work on your videos. You need to go to YT Studio content page to work on your videos. You will never see your trailer if you use YT Studio. It looks like this.

1677340697247.png