• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Returning to YouTube after 6 Years..

techhelp

Hi

I really need some help with my YouTube channel.

I have a Tech channel and I have just started posting again on my channel after 6 years, similar content as before. I still have about 30 000 subscribers.

To my surprise I average around 50 views per video from my subscribers which means only about 0.1% are watching my videos. Iv read that you should average around 10% to 30% ideally.

I understand after the long layoff that many of my subs would of forgotten me or lost interest in tech but 0.1% just seems too low.

I guess IΓÇÖm wondering has my channels ranking/algorithm been downgraded because of the 6 years of inactivity so most my videos are not showing up on most of my subscribers lists?

Their isn't allot of information about what happens to a channels visibility/ranking for such long time away.

Any advice is welcome

thank you

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
Off course, the more you are inactive, the more you are forgotten. Subscribers won't be getting notifications from your channel as they may have not clicked on your channel's notification bell icon. This bell helps subscribers to watch video immediately as it sends the immediate notifications to the subscribers as soon as new video is uploaded.

OP
OP
T

techhelp

I understand the bell notification helps. and yes i understand allot of people would of forgetten me.

I guess im more wondering after such long inactivity will youtube not even show my videos to my subscribers when they go on youtube in the video list . if theirs something in youtube ranking system internally that can devalue my channel because of its inactivity. its just 0.1 % of views is extremally low .

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I understand the bell notification helps. and yes i understand allot of people would of forgetten me.

I guess im more wondering after such long inactivity will youtube not even show my videos to my subscribers when they go on youtube in the video list . if theirs something in youtube ranking system internally that can devalue my channel because of its inactivity. its just 0.1 % of views is extremally low .

Personally, I would rather start with an older channel because at least you have some content to build from. The alternative is to start a brand new Youtube channel with zero content.

I just revived a channel from 2010 to start putting up Cruise videos, one of my personal and life passions. The content isn't good by today's standards but it gives me a start point to build from vs. a totally new and empty channel. Very few people will subscribe to a brand new channel that only has a couple of videos. I can always private more of my older videos as I get newer content up.

I wouldn't overthink it. Just jump in and start creating videos. There is very little you can do unless you want to refresh titles, descriptions, and thumbnails and see what happens.

Reactions: MediaMan