• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Will we still need to worry about subscribers anymore?

Lindam

Subscriber Goal
There is one creator who teaches people how to create a YouTube channel, Nate of Channel Makers, who said in my opinion very smartly to NEVER ask for subs! Why? Because if the people watching like your content then they will subscribe on their own and are much more likely to keep watching your content rather that having a ton of people who just blindly sub your channel but never actually come back to view your content. So, of the subs that you DO have, take a look at your analytics and see how much of your views are from returning subscribers! I think Nate really has a major point on this one! Yes, it might take longer to reach the watch time and subs you need, but if your content stays good then over time you will do well! Thanks Nate for that AWESOME piece of advice! For me as a new creator, it helps me to not stress over subs. In fact I'm not even going to stress over watch time either! Where I am going to put ALL of my energy is into making great content!
That's such a sensible attitude. I must try it. I can't help peaking at my phone to see if any new subscribers have come on board.

OP
OP
J

John316

Recognized Member
That's such a sensible attitude. I must try it. I can't help peaking at my phone to see if any new subscribers have come on board.
I hope you saw my correction: It was to not ask for SUBS in the first 45 seconds and to be much more strategic and mindful about when and how you do ask for SUBS. So many creators start out their videos with asking for subs when they should be getting directly into the content. No little 5 send intro either!