• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Banner Feedback What Size for a YouTube Banner

LibertyLinks

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
nbgrooms.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm having a lot of trouble designing my YouTube banner because I don't know the size the template should be for the design to fit desktops. I'm always having to go back and adjust things because an element is out of the design space for desktops.

Reactions: Haroon Raja

HealthyTiffany

Subscriber Goal
I snatched this template directly from the discord.
From innermost area to outermost area, it says:

Text and Logo safe area: 1546 x 423
Desktop Minimum and mobile: 1546 x 423
Tablet: 1855 x 423
Desktop Max: 2560 x 423
TV: 2560 x 1440
Image attached for visual representation!
ABED6815-10BA-4688-96D1-BBF71E48AEC2.png

OP
OP
LibertyLinks

LibertyLinks

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
nbgrooms.com
Subscriber Goal
I snatched this template directly from the discord.
From innermost area to outermost area, it says:

Text and Logo safe area: 1546 x 423
Desktop Minimum and mobile: 1546 x 423
Tablet: 1855 x 423
Desktop Max: 2560 x 423
TV: 2560 x 1440
Image attached for visual representation!View attachment 13191
Thanks! This helps a lot. Now it's less guess work.

RedtailScream

But there's an issue! YT won't allow me to upload a Banner image that is less than 576px high! How do I get around this?

HealthyTiffany

Subscriber Goal
But there's an issue! YT won't allow me to upload a Banner image that is less than 576px high! How do I get around this?

If that is your issue, you can always use a resizing tool online that keeps the aspect ratio of your original image. So resize your height to 576, but it will also resize your width so your image doesnΓÇÖt look funky.

RedtailScream

Here's my art and here's what happens when I try to upload it...

Attachments

• don-bassler-youtube-wallpaper.jpg
    don-bassler-youtube-wallpaper.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 8.41.34 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 8.41.34 AM.png
    265.3 KB · Views: 179

HealthyTiffany

Subscriber Goal
But I want a wide banner for desktop. Like this one...
I see! What i would recommend is to have an entire image that has the dimensions 2560 x 1440, and place your desired banner image in the center of that so it can show on desktop.
Maybe that entire image of 2560x1440 can be a blue background that matches the color of your banner.

MotiveInspirational

Subscriber Goal
YouTubeΓÇÖs Recommended Banner Size is 2560 x 1440 pixels and the minimum image safe area for text and logos is 1235 x 338 pixels

pathedits

The recommended size for a YouTube banner is 2560 x 1440 pixels. It is best to center essential elements like text or logos inside your 1546 x 423-pixel safe area banners.

mimmo academy

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I'm having a lot of trouble designing my YouTube banner because I don't know the size the template should be for the design to fit desktops. I'm always having to go back and adjust things because an element is out of the design space for desktops.
In most app they have also the full size, like canva or inshot

Bulltahr

Motorcycles, since the 80's......
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It's horrible/immpossible to get a banner that fits all devices, hte desktop one is trail and error once you get close, but it's a bit of a juggle! Good Luck...

DreadNarratives

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Creating a compelling YouTube banner that fits seamlessly on desktops can indeed be a bit tricky, but fear not, as I'm here to guide you through it. To ensure your banner looks great on all devices, it's crucial to design it with the right dimensions. YouTube recommends a banner size of 2560 x 1440 pixels. However, the key is to focus on the "safe area" within this larger canvas, which is 1546 x 423 pixels. This safe area ensures that your banner will display properly on all desktop screens without elements getting cut off or going out of bounds.

When you design your banner within this safe area, it guarantees that essential elements like your channel name, logo, and any text won't get cropped on desktops. Also, remember that your banner will be responsive, so it's essential to test it on different devices and screen sizes to ensure it looks appealing across the board. By adhering to these dimensions and considering how your banner elements align within the safe area, you'll significantly reduce the need for constant adjustments, making your YouTube banner creation process much smoother