• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Facebook Harasser or stalker?

WV Pet Project

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys, just curious...where do you draw the line with determining if someone is just harassing you, or if it is a legitimate concern? There is someone frequently making nasty comments on my videos, calling me names, etc (I have reported this to youtube and most have been removed). BUT, this person also tracked me down on facebook (that is not affiliated with my youtube account) and started sending me nasty messages there. I just really wonder if I should be concerned- like, what differentiates harassment from stalking?

lonelytalks

Recognized Member
Stalking is just going around and watching all your activity. Harassment is when they abuse you physically/verbally. Block the person on both Youtube and Facebook. It's of no use in making a complain and waiting for Youtube to take action.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
BUT, this person also tracked me down on facebook (that is not affiliated with my youtube account) and started sending me nasty messages there.

That's definitely going out of the way to find you and at that point I would be concerned. One thing I've learned over the decades of online business, never...ever...respond to anything negative someone has posted about you personally. Just delete, block, ban and move on.

Reactions: Tina G

Spice

Subscriber Goal
Your YouTube Channel & Facebook Page are both linked in your profile on this forum? That could be the link. As everyone else is saying ignore and block, they'll soon get bored. They feed of attention.

Reactions: MediaMan

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
yah, one important thing I've learned in my decades of online business, do whatever it takes to separate your personal and business life.

Reactions: Tina G