• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Advice Web Cam

LibertyLinks

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
nbgrooms.com
Subscriber Goal
I've been in the market next for a good web came to do some of the updates for my channel. What's the most important thing to look for when researching the options? Also if anyone has one they'd suggest, that'd be great. I'm looking at a 1080 pixel Logitech for $26 on Amazon right now. As far a pixels go, how does that seem?

lonelytalks

Recognized Member
I've been in the market next for a good web came to do some of the updates for my channel. What's the most important thing to look for when researching the options? Also if anyone has one they'd suggest, that'd be great. I'm looking at a 1080 pixel Logitech for $26 on Amazon right now. As far a pixels go, how does that seem?

I'm using it on my old pc and it's pretty good for the price range.

DevilByTheTale

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
I would definitely get one that does at least 1080p. If you want good performance, make sure it also does at least 60 frames per second (you can always drop it to 30 or 24 in post). I don't know what's latest and greatest, but I have a Logitech c922 that I got about 5 years ago. Taking a quick look, they are about $60-$70 now (used to be $120). Also, cameras on the latest phones are quite good.

What you really need (if you don't have one already) is a good front light source like a light ring. Webcams especially need a good light source, and the difference is night and day. I got one on Amazon about the same time for $80.

If you don't have a good mic, I recommend the Blue Yeti. This has been a standard, and is what I use to do all my voiceovers. If you've just been using a PC mic, this will also provide a HUGE leap in quality. They are about $90 now, and provide probably the most bang for the buck.

Last edited: