• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Can I repost content on the net? newbie

dylan99

I am just starting out on YouTube and want to develop content in a niche, that includes some reposting of some content on the web, Including tik tok. After looking at a few YT channels that have done this, it doesn't seem to be an issue, and their channels are still monetised. Within the channels that has compilations, the videos don't include giving credit given unless a tik tok name is on the video. Is there anything I am not able to do? Thanks

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I am just starting out on YouTube and want to develop content in a niche, that includes some reposting of some content on the web, Including tik tok. After looking at a few YT channels that have done this, it doesn't seem to be an issue, and their channels are still monetised. Within the channels that has compilations, the videos don't include giving credit given unless a tik tok name is on the video. Is there anything I am not able to do? Thanks

I don't know which channels you are looking at. The big reputable channels who repost other people's content have fine print a lot of people are not reading.

They are not simply taking other people's content and reposting without permission. It may look like it but the big reputable channels are doing it WITH permission.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
D

dylan99

Yes there is under the video saying we can remove the persons content if they ask. Unless that person does though it seems ok

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Yes there is under the video saying we can remove the persons content if they ask. Unless that person does though it seems ok

That is a bad answer and likely not a reputable channel. Reputable channels do not operate that way. What channel are you referring to as your example / role model?

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Another get rich quick channel...meh... but reality is if someone's goal is to build a channel on stolen content, there's very little risk except for your own time and your channel being taken down. But yah..I've seen 100s of channels with stolen content. Proceed at your own risk.

• Love

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
but reality is if someone's goal is to build a channel on stolen content, there's very little risk except for your own time and your channel being taken down. But yah..I've seen 100s of channels with stolen content. Proceed at your own risk.

I think it is downright sad that some people are so uninformed about swiping other people's content from TikTok.

It is not good use of time to warn certain people. Some people have to learn the hard way. YT is the ultimate arbiter. Some hijackers (not creators) get to 4,000 hours and 1,000 subscribers, apply to YPP, and suddenly YT tells them they cannot join YPP because they don't have original content. Then, they understand and they realized they wasted all that time.

Or their channel gets shutdown without warning. And they wasted all that time, too.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Sad
Reactions: Damon and 001

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
What is this deal with people looking for some quick, easy path to YouTube glory?

It is the culture of instant gratification. Hard work, discipline, studying, continuous self-teach/self-learning for an ongoing period of time has fallen out of fashion.

It is more fashionable to be noticed and get social validation at any cost.

• Wow