What Recording software do you use?

OP
OP
KingChocmate

KingChocmate

Newbie Member
I use Fraps for recording and OBS for streaming on twitch and youtube. What seems to be your issue?
so when i record a video of a game it doesn't lag my computer or everything and everything looks fine even on the preview screen and then when i watch the video it starts to go kinda pixelated when i start moving.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
so when i record a video of a game it doesn't lag my computer or everything and everything looks fine even on the preview screen and then when i watch the video it starts to go kinda pixelated when i start moving.
This sounds like an over encoding issue, what are your current settings for OBS? Are you using normal OBS or OBS studio? :)

RSDAngelOnFire

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Star
I suggest saving as a flv and then converting there is a program by the same people who made OBS called FLV Extract. It has a cute little pink sheep as it's logo. It sounds like your computer is having conversion issues. mp4s are fickle I have found. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
KingChocmate

KingChocmate

Newbie Member
I suggest saving as a flv and then converting there is a program by the same people who made OBS called FLV Extract. It has a cute little pink sheep as it's logo. It sounds like your computer is having conversion issues. mp4s are fickle I have found. Hope this helps!
ok i will try now, thanks!

I got Xsplit for free for 3 months when I bought my Avermedia capture card. So I'm using that now.. But will prob. be using OBS after the 3 months is over... Unless I suddenly get a million views on YouTube, or thousands of people use my affiliate links to buy stuff on my website that is...:) But I have to save up to upgrade my super low end PC first... (I bought the almost cheapest motherboard and CPU I found in 2013, and a 750ti in 2015) still using that.. cannot stream or capture many of the new games... but there are some fun low spec games on steam... And I do have a PS3 original 60 gb.. with a broken blue-ray player.. that I can capture from...:-D hehe Not easy being a poor YouTuber.. But it will be fine..:)

Ikerot

TubeBuddy Star
I use OBS to record more of my desktop stuff and to livestream. For gaming, I use Bandicam.

TimrGames

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Im using Bandicam paid version for 1 PC, i've got an bad pc, and does not get any lag spikes with the correct settings of bandicam, Need any help? contact me :p

Jay

TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
I, too, use Bandicam to record. It's a very lightweight screen recording software that definitely gets the job done. I have been using it for years now and certainly do not regret purchasing it!

FIRERIN

Newbie Member
I'm not sure if OBS allows you to set or change bitrate before it renders but that could be your issue. Usually with 1080p I shoot for a bitrate of 10min 12max