• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Helps Youtube Shorts to grow your channel or destroy it for a Small channel?

TK Designs

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
I use YouTube Shorts judiciously after posting longer form content. I will generally leave the shorts up for a few months, with the original long form video listed as the relevant video to it. I am not trying to drive shorts viewers as a rule, because even if I am pulling 5-8000 views on a short, it rarely translates to views to long form videos. Further, I don't want the bulk of my subscribers to be shorts viewers, since I will never be able to hit the monetization thresholds for shorts. I do CNC woodworking videos/tutorials, and it is a smaller niche. Hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
I use YouTube Shorts judiciously after posting longer form content. I will generally leave the shorts up for a few months, with the original long form video listed as the relevant video to it. I am not trying to drive shorts viewers as a rule, because even if I am pulling 5-8000 views on a short, it rarely translates to views to long form videos. Further, I don't want the bulk of my subscribers to be shorts viewers, since I will never be able to hit the monetization thresholds for shorts. I do CNC woodworking videos/tutorials, and it is a smaller niche. Hope this helps!
You're missing out by going about it that way.

I created a detailed personal experience about it here - curious to hear your thoughts:

• Love
Reactions: Damon

UlterMonster

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I do wrestling videos and each finisher is a short they get loads of views/ subs but as said above my long-form content barely moves, think of long-form, shorts, and live videos as 3 groups instead of 1 your subs will come back to those forms but might consider other videos you make as well