TubeBuddy What Networks have you been in?

Have you been with a network?

• Yes

• NO!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I think most networks aren't worth joining. Unless they have a tool set that can justify taking a percentage of your earnings. Which is why I think if a network has TubeBuddy that it's justified. However, I agree if you lose TubeBuddy, you lose me.
So does that mean if I were to go to a network that doesn't have TubeBuddy, you would cease to acknowledge my existence?

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So does that mean if I were to go to a network that doesn't have TubeBuddy, you would cease to acknowledge my existence?
No, but I would wonder what they are offering to justify the percentage they are taking :p XD

Mystacular

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I decided to leave Freedom about two weeks ago, and planning on joining a network called Bent Pixels. People have also told me that joining a network is a bad idea...

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I decided to leave Freedom about two weeks ago, and planning on joining a network called Bent Pixels. People have also told me that joining a network is a bad idea...
It depends what they offer for justification of your revenue. If they offer things that value your percentage, then it's worth it! :D

TheDirectorsOfGaming

New User
TubeBuddy Legend
YouTube.com
Joined Fullscreen in the end of 2011 with around 200 subs, back when partnership actually meant something as it gave a lot of useful features. Was on a whopping 50%...I know, but the MCN space was a LOT different back then. I was very lucky to get partnership at 200 subs as I remember people only really getting partnered when they had over 1,000 subscribers. You had to apply to get partnered with YouTube directly so being accepted by a network was generally the way to go. Fullscreen was a lot better back then, they had a dashboard which was actually something to promote as a "feature" back then as not every network had a dashboard, every partner was assigned a Fullscreen Partner Manager which mirrored what YouTube did for larger partners and they had "Gorilla Campaigns" which is basically sponsorships...which back then was a lot more active, not only that but they actually used to pay for putting a channel at the top of your featured channels box and they'd pay 10 cents every time you gained a subscriber with the featured channel in the box. When people pressed the subscribe button at the top of your channel page, they would be prompted to subscribe to every channel in your featured channels box as well which I guess Fullscreen deemed it had enough value to become a revenue source... I remember only a couple campaigns that did that and obviously they don't do it anymore but I left them in 2013... they began going downhill, they didn't have as many gorilla campaigns and it was when they began to order all their partners in little groups like Fullscreen Arcade for the gamers and Vlog Union for vloggers... they became networks within the network that were ran by themselves and support times were increasing with more partners they brought in. That was when I came across Curse which was being promoted by Athene Wins which had no lock-in contracts which was huge back then... and by the time I joined they had begun doing 90% for everybody... previous partners of theirs were on a $3 CPM as they were more directly competing with Machinima which generally offered $2 CPM... I don't believe any MCN has any partners on a fixed CPM anymore probably because it fluctuates too much. I asked Fullscreen if they could offer anything higher and they offered 60%.... not long after I left them before my contract renewed and joined Curse which is where I remain to this day :p

I was aware of Freedom from the very beginning... but steered clear when they got cosy with Keemstar despite him publicly getting into it with one or two Freedom staff members on Twitter and surprise surprise, when YouTube's subnetwork Policy came into affect in June which dissolved That Juice, he left Freedom for BroadbandTV, hope it was worth it for them lol.