• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life What is behind your screen name?

paperpl8fan

TubeBuddy Pro
Looked around and didn't see a thread about this and thought it might be a interesting topic to find out how or why we came up with our screen name's. Mine be paperpl8fan is somewhat maybe too many reasons ... lol so first I hate doing dishes, second I was a huge Dale Earnhardt Jr fan in his nascar days so the number 8 was his car number. and the most meaningful probably is I am a survivor of child abuse and for many years felt like I was disposable like a paperplate but as I within the last 5 years spoke of my abuse for the first time in 38 years I realized if my favorite number 8 is turned sideways it becomes the infinity sign for being strong for me and others for infinity. And with all of that ... I introduce to you Paperpl8fan. Looking forward to reading all of your reasons and thank you for reading mine!

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
My channel name has a bit of a history. I began creating how to use Canva for YouTube on my regular channel in July 2020, but began this channel in January 2021. I didn't know what to name it so I based it off my original channel's name. It was a terrible name. I didn't like it, but I also knew if I waited until I decided on a name I would never start. Around October 2021 I changed the name officially to The Canva Classroom. I absolutely LOVE that name and still do. People that comented would tell me I was a great teacher and they really loved my lessons. I used to teach preschool so between the two things that's hwere Classroom came into play. Of cousre I taught Canva so that's where Canva part came in. However, it was a bit confusing because there is a platform within Canva for educators so people came in expecting to see Canva for Education, but they saw YouTube stuff instead. Ultimately I decided to swap out the Canva part for Creator because it more aptly describes my target audience and while the name itself doesn't scream that I teach Canva - if someone goes to my channel the banner definitely screams it as do most of the thumbnails.

• Love
Reactions: paperpl8fan
OP
OP
paperpl8fan

paperpl8fan

TubeBuddy Pro
Looked around and didn't see a thread about this and thought it might be a interesting topic to find out how or why we came up with our screen name's. Mine be paperpl8fan is somewhat maybe too many reasons ... lol so first I hate doing dishes, second I was a huge Dale Earnhardt Jr fan in his nascar days so the number 8 was his car number. and the most meaningful probably is I am a survivor of child abuse and for many years felt like I was disposable like a paper plate but as I within the last 5 years spoke of my abuse for the first time in 38 years I realized if my favorite number 8 is turned sideways it becomes the infinity sign for being strong for me and others for infinity. And with all of that ... I introduce to you Paperpl8fan. Looking forward to reading all of your reasons and thank you for reading mine!
I totally forgot to mention my YouTube channel has a few sides to the name...Warped Media Creations came from an idea i had while very busy in the tech sector as a name for an app... the creation part was me playing around with digital art in Canva and i guess friends were liking my creations and the requests began..i did slow down the tech/streaming side of my channel as so many were getting strikes and thought of the idea for a mental health live show as mentioned i love the number 8 and pirate things..ehem.. so became the first name that lasted about a week if that was Behind pl8s Walls as i planned to talk and share my life story and struggles with childhood abuse and trauma..... but quickly changed the name of the show to Pieces of 8 so now my channel is sorta a multi topic channel per say with mental health, tech talk, and at times just random topics that strike me as intriguing and always at late night as adult open chat ... it is a very rewarding experience for me in all of the above topics.

JohnBulgaria

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I used to make viral TikTok videos using a plush turtle toy that has a super dumb face. Named the turtle Johnny Turtles, or just John. Hence the name.... JohnBulgaria, I'm based in Bulgaria

• Love

JohnBulgaria

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
Why John. I don't know. Maybe because it's the most popular relatable English name, easy to pronounce by anyone

OP
OP
paperpl8fan

paperpl8fan

TubeBuddy Pro
I used to make viral TikTok videos using a plush turtle toy that has a super dumb face. Named the turtle Johnny Turtles, or just John. Hence the name.... JohnBulgaria, I'm based in Bulgaria
:p:laughing: haha thats awesome!! very creative way of getting some smiles!! nice job!

Reactions: JohnBulgaria

JohnBulgaria

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
:p:laughing: haha thats awesome!! very creative way of getting some smiles!! nice job!
Yeah, all me family is like tell John this, tell John that, ask Johnny whatever, some people on the streets recognized me. You know, it's so much more easy to talk and say things through a turtle, you know. Especially sensitive subjects. I just take the turtle and say whatever, and if someone's offended I'm like I didn't say it, John said it. I'm like telling to my sister do ye homework, she doesn't want to. Then John comes, John says why are you so freakin lazy and she goes and does her homework.

• Love
OP
OP
paperpl8fan

paperpl8fan

TubeBuddy Pro
Was enjoyed very much! I love learning about how people evolve into a screen name.. there is usually so much more than just a name that goes into it and sadly ,at least in my eyes it never gets the attention it deserves. Everyone's story is an important one. Thank you for sharing