• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Best Way to Get 1K Subs in Under a Month!

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
The best way to get your first 1000 subscribers in under a month is by uploading daily YouTube Shorts because that's how I got my first 1k subs in only 17 days!

I'd rather wait for a few months or years than rely on such fast growth. As much as YouTube shorts has been proved quite easy way to get those 1k subscribers requirement, it's known that such subscribers more or less are passive subscribers, moreover, I believe If you're into gaming, there are only certain gaming titles whose shorts do blow up, the games such as Minecraft, Roblox, GTA V and such other big titles shorts do prove useful, however, being a gaming channel myself, I did notice that subscribers which you get from such shorts are more or less will unsubscribe or will never watch your content and that's equivalent to a dead channel and that might hamper or hurt your channel more than anything, not to mention, If you're uploading shorts on the same channel as your long videos, you need to make sure that the shorts topic or video content should be parallel or similar to what you post in your long videos, as If you post anything off-topic, that might again confuse your current audience and not only you might lose your loyal big time followers but as you well people might get too used to with your shorts content and it might hamper your average view duration too.

I'm not against Shorts, trust me, when it was newly brought in by YouTube, I loved it and I did post several shorts, got tons of views and few subscribers but in the long run, it hampered my CTR, my average view duration and the worst part, I could literally see subscribers getting either purged off or people were literally unsubscribing for whatsoever reason hence, If you're planning to post a short and long, both videos in the same channel, I'd rather suggest to make it once a week thing, make sure that the topic you choose is well SEO-d, keyword research is done properly as you never know If that shorts might end up being searched up on YouTube and it might just pop up but I'd not recommend it for the daily or everyday task, however, if you have created or worked on a separate short-base channel for just uploading shorts video, then it's fine!

It's just my point of view here tho.

OP
OP
Sickminecraft45

Sickminecraft45

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'd rather wait for a few months or years than rely on such fast growth. As much as YouTube shorts has been proved quite easy way to get those 1k subscribers requirement, it's known that such subscribers more or less are passive subscribers, moreover, I believe If you're into gaming, there are only certain gaming titles whose shorts do blow up, the games such as Minecraft, Roblox, GTA V and such other big titles shorts do prove useful, however, being a gaming channel myself, I did notice that subscribers which you get from such shorts are more or less will unsubscribe or will never watch your content and that's equivalent to a dead channel and that might hamper or hurt your channel more than anything, not to mention, If you're uploading shorts on the same channel as your long videos, you need to make sure that the shorts topic or video content should be parallel or similar to what you post in your long videos, as If you post anything off-topic, that might again confuse your current audience and not only you might lose your loyal big time followers but as you well people might get too used to with your shorts content and it might hamper your average view duration too.

I'm not against Shorts, trust me, when it was newly brought in by YouTube, I loved it and I did post several shorts, got tons of views and few subscribers but in the long run, it hampered my CTR, my average view duration and the worst part, I could literally see subscribers getting either purged off or people were literally unsubscribing for whatsoever reason hence, If you're planning to post a short and long, both videos in the same channel, I'd rather suggest to make it once a week thing, make sure that the topic you choose is well SEO-d, keyword research is done properly as you never know If that shorts might end up being searched up on YouTube and it might just pop up but I'd not recommend it for the daily or everyday task, however, if you have created or worked on a separate short-base channel for just uploading shorts video, then it's fine!

It's just my point of view here tho.
WOW! I didn't know that! It looks like my advice is not the best.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
WOW! I didn't know that! It looks like my advice is not the best.

Indeed! I'd not say shorts are bad but you just need to know how to use them properly! Doing anything too much doesn't end up well and same goes for Shorts here, If you plan it off, know your audience and everything, you should be able to see positive long term results.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I am with Nody on this. Focusing on building a channel solely on short-form subscribers with little regard to watch times and retention is a very weak foundation. Some people believe that all those subscribers will suddenly watch long-form. I don't think that is the case.

It has taken me a long time to get to 1,000 subscribers but I take peace in knowing that I will have nearly 8,000 watch hours behind my first 1K subscribers.

There are also different types of shorts. Some shorts are high-density in content and some are cotton-candy light in content.

Also the demographic you pursue will influence the viewing habits of your channel. I am not interested in getting viewers under 30. It is probably an unfair generality but I tend to believe their attention spans are shorter. I prefer viewers 40 and older although it appears I do have a fair amount over 30 years old in there.

The gaming genre is very tough. So many channels and the barrier to entry is so low. A 13-year old could launch a gaming channel today and beat the pants off of me. Every creator should play to their strengths.

Last edited:

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Agree with the above. While 1k subs in 17 days is fast, what about the next 17 months or 17 years? Will those same people watch your content even year from now? If they have subscribed to you that quickly, they'll probably drop you just as fast. Also not everyone can produce daily content. For instance you can't climb Mount Everest everyday. For those of us filming real-world content, such fast growth is completely unsustainable.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattCommand1

Lucky3232x

though i understand what you are saying i think the best strat would be to post shorts for a month and get subs and views and then switch to long form and you will have a head start with finding an audience.
this is just a theory i would like an opinion on it

JohnBulgaria

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
The best way to get your first 1000 subscribers in under a month is by uploading daily YouTube Shorts because that's how I got my first 1k subs in only 17 days!
Yeah, that is no joke. I already wrote that on my introduction post, but here - a few months ago I made around 6k subs on TikTok in just 1 week, a few of my vids had over 100k views (per video) but sadly someone got insulted by my comedy and canceled me, called my workplace and yeah...I almost lost my job

I deleted everything but now decided to start again, this time in English, not in Bulgarian, you know why, plus I can reach more people

To make a long story short, shorts work, plus when the algorithm grabs you, it's easy to scale it up quickly

Don't have a lot of experience with YouTube though, I never reached more than 500 subs, I only made it on TikTok

Dewackymedia

Remember that if you got your subs by creating shorts, you still need to concentrate in creating longer videos in other to count towards the views required for monetization. If I understood correctly YT does not count short views towards the requirements of views needed for monetization.