• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

How-To Channel I love to teach people how to use Canva especially for their YouTube channels.

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
User name: TCC learncanva4yt
Title of introduction: I love to teach people how to use Canva especially for their YouTube channels.
Your name/ Alias: My name is Jennifer
Where are you from? I live in the great state of North Carolina in the US.
How did you find TubeBuddy? I honestly don't remember how we found TubeBuddy. We've had it a version for quite sometime one and back on a different channel we got an amazing opportunity for the first level upgrade. Yesterday I rebranded my channel from The Canva Classroom to The Creator Classroom and found it necessary to try the Star version to help me with bulk editing descriptions of about 160 videos.
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I wanted to join the TubeBuddy forum because I like to be involved in like minded forums where I can give help & where I can also receive help for a specific software. I think it will also help me get the MOST out of my Star level membership.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: My primary goal is to help people use Canva for their YouTube channel, but if I can find a way to help my family financially with that channel that would be a huge bonus.
How frequently do you upload? I typically upload new tutorials twice a week, and now that I have the community tab I publish other information on the community tab multiple times a week.
What are your hobbies? My husband jokes that I don't have hobbies and that I just like to do new things to organize all that comes with that new thing.
What is your biggest dream?
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/thecreatorclassroom

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Hi Jennifer, I stopped by your channel. It is a good looking channel and you are doing well with it. I think you are really on to something. I love Canva and use it for nearly all my thumbnails, channel art, and website art.

OP
OP
TCC learncanva4yt

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thanks so much Matt. I definitely love creating in Canva and LOVE creating videos for others showing them how to use Canva. Thanks so much for your compliment. The funniest thing is that it was a bit of a fluke of how it happened. I run another channel with my husband. A few of my "YT" buddies from FB asked me how I did some text overlay and I said I did it in Canva. I realized I was struggling to find the words to share HOW to do it and so I bought a microphone and screen recorded my first tutorial in July 2020. I did it on the regular channel for the rest of the year and thought you know what I should just make a whole channel dedicated to this. January 2021 I started it and I haven't looked back.

Reactions: MattCommand1

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I think what will separate you from the other Canva related channels is your focus on YTubers. That is what caught my attention. But even if you want to branch out, keeping your Canva focused on specific platforms will separate you from others. Otherwise, your Canva channel will get lost amongst all the other Canva content. Very good decision you made early on and you are clearly making inroads.

OP
OP
TCC learncanva4yt

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
That was my goal was to really tune in on that very targeted niche. And while YES I do post other things occasionally - it all is with the YouTube filter in mind. I share something about Instagram with the knowledge that someone could also likely use that for YouTube Community Tab - OR someone with a YT channel likely USES Instagram to promote their videos. I actually changed my channel name on Sunday to make sure that everyone was very clear that my channel was for Creators. It used to be The Canva Classroom which confused some that it was for the Canva for Education platform. I used to teach preschool, but that's not my focus. It's on the Creator. Plus the name change allows me the opportunity to occasionally share NON Canva content without feeling bad that it's NOT directly Canva related. Occasionally my husband will say - how about you teach THIS. I say how to does specific skill relate to YouTube. He'll pause and say it doesn't. I'll respond well come back to me when you figure out how it does relate to YouTube then I'll brainstorm with you. I appreciate his always thinking of topics for me though because sometimes he'll say something and it will create a spark. The good news is now the ideas pretty much just come to me via comments. I see one comment and it sparks 5 ideas. I'm constantly brainstorming for new video ideas. Thanks so much for your kind words.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Taking your mention about changing your name to the creator emphasis is a good one. However, I am wondering if "classroom" is the optimal word for what you are doing. Or even the word "The". Perhaps, "Creator Classroom" is an option to keep the name shorter and tighter?

I've gone through one channel name change already so I relate to what you are going through.

OP
OP
TCC learncanva4yt

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
The reason I use classroom is because from the start I had commenters that would say - you are a great teacher. you're the best teacher. i love this classroom. The original name didn't even have classroom in it and people kept referring to it as a canva classroom. When I decided in October 2021 to swap it to Canva Classroom - there were a few social media accounts that had Canva Classroom and I didn't want to confuse people so I added THE - plus I had always said at the beginning Welcome to THE Canva Classroom even before I swapped the name out (probably started saying it in June or July). So when I began thinking about the change - I decided that switching out Canva for Creator was the easiest & same amount of syllables. I also refer to my audience as TCC students. That's why I stuck with The & Classroom. :) Name change is a BEAST. I hate it. but it was absolutely necessary and I wanted to do it before I grew anymore. I decided a couple of months ago and I kept putting it off. Finally I said last week I can't put it off anymore. I'm growing faster than I thought and if I keep postponing I'll never be able to change it.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It sounds like you have thought this through! I think your name change was a good move based on the events you recounted.

• Love
Reactions: TCC learncanva4yt
OP
OP
TCC learncanva4yt

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Oh yeah it wasn't an overnight decision. I've definitely been going through the ringer on the name decision. I even made the new logo pretty much identical to the old one except made this one circle in the middle and put the next to creator instead of above. I just wanted to make sure that it looked as close as the original as possible because the name change was tough enough - logo rehaul too - that would have been just too much change for everyone at once.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Yes, I understand about transitioning names. You want to bridge the old to the new as much as you can to minimize the disruption and confusion.

I use my face (vs a logo) as the Channel Avatar so there is flexibility. Logos can be a bit rigid for the reasons you described. A lot of YTubers use their face as the Channel Avatar simply because it is easier than messing with a logo but also of personal branding purposes.

OP
OP
TCC learncanva4yt

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I actually have a faceless channel so using my face doesn't really help in the logo because it is rare they see me. I chose that route for 2 purposes. I sometimes struggle speaking & finding the right words. By not showing my face, it's easier to cut out the mistakes especially when I'm eye rolling my own verbal misques while speaking the right words. The other reason is my focus truly is on the content and showing my face on part of the screen doesn't allow the full experience of what I'm showing on screen especially.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I actually have a faceless channel so using my face doesn't really help in the logo because it is rare they see me. I chose that route for 2 purposes. I sometimes struggle speaking & finding the right words. By not showing my face, it's easier to cut out the mistakes especially when I'm eye rolling my own verbal misques while speaking the right words. The other reason is my focus truly is on the content and showing my face on part of the screen doesn't allow the full experience of what I'm showing on screen especially.

I wasn't implying that you should use your face in the avatar. I was just contrasting choosing between a logo vs. face and a pro and con. I am also not saying that you should or should not use a face in your channel. Everyone gets to do their thing. I understand your channel is a tutorial channel and less of an emphasis on the person behind it. I respect the choices you rightfully make. Every creator has to make choices of what is most important to them. There are no universally correct choices. There are always pros and cons to every decision.

OP
OP
TCC learncanva4yt

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I assumed as much. :) Text doesn't convey tone always. Just a little explainer about my choices for this channel. I saw Film Booth's video a few weeks ago about pros and cons for showing face or not and found it very intriguing.

M2kay

Subscriber Goal
I love that idea!! I use Canva all of the time to make thumbnails for my channel M2kay and it works great but would love to learn new ideas!!

• Love
OP
OP
TCC learncanva4yt

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
You can do so much with Canva - thumbnails, channel banner, profile pictures, text overlays, image overlays, b roll, and so much more. It's even more powerful if you have Canva Pro. I used Canva for free from 2015 to 2021, but I had to do 50 plus text overlays in July 2021 for a video and I was dreading it so I tried out the pro version and boy was I blown away. I was able to increase my outfit and get things done much faster.