• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help What should I charge for my rate

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I had a company reach out to me for me to do a video on their product and they asked me what my rate is…. The product goes with my channel theme and it’s something I would actually like so I might even get it for free..Should i charge them a high amount and see what happens… I usually ignore emails like this because they are product not related to my channel but this one seems like a desent product… what would you do

otis123

It's important to understand what your rates are going to be. If you're charging by the hour, you need to determine the number of hours it will take you to complete each project. If you're going to charge per project, it's important to know how many projects you can handle in a given period of time. You also need to understand how much your work costs, so that you can make sure that your rates are reasonable based on the value that you provide. pokedle fnaf

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Instead of answering what their rate is - ask them what is their budget. legit companies with legit products will have a budget. You can then decide if that is something you want to consider. (keep in mind this is coming from someone that's never done a sponsorship / paid review - but I've seen very kjnowledgable people say just that).

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
.....UPDATE...... So after a few emails back and forth I told them my rate would be $150 to see what they would do. they said my channel didn't have enough views the past month and stuff like that and they said if it works out then maybe in the future they would give me my requested rate. so they offered me $70 for a minute video and to give them good reviews on amazon...So they first sent me $40 on Paypal to buy the amazon product so it was pretty much free and $70 for the minute video..they had video examples of the video they wanted me to do and what to show...This was my first time doing a product review and it was the easiest $70 I've ever made lol plus I got a cool product out of it =) If you have any questions ask away

Reactions: MattCommand1

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
.....UPDATE...... So after a few emails back and forth I told them my rate would be $150 to see what they would do. they said my channel didn't have enough views the past month and stuff like that and they said if it works out then maybe in the future they would give me my requested rate. so they offered me $70 for a minute video and to give them good reviews on amazon...So they first sent me $40 on Paypal to buy the amazon product so it was pretty much free and $70 for the minute video..they had video examples of the video they wanted me to do and what to show...This was my first time doing a product review and it was the easiest $70 I've ever made lol plus I got a cool product out of it =) If you have any questions ask away

the "good reviews" on amazon would have been a non negotiable for me. I would have been like what if I don't LIKE the product. I need to be able to leave a LEGIT review - not just a "good" one. I'm not sure what Amazon things about a "paid" reviewer. I'm not experienced in this so I'm not sure, but that would have been my one thing. Hopefully they meant a legitimate review and not just a positively glowing review even if you weren't fond of the product.

paperpl8fan

TubeBuddy Pro
Thats great you got the product and the deal .... but be very cautious with the amazon review thing and doing the "leave us a good review " thing amazon is really trying to crack down on alot of these people and groups doing that. I personally got caught up in it a couple years ago, not with a video review but just a written one and I can no longer do any reviews at all on amazon. However if they were just wanting a LEGIT review then cudos my friend as there is a huge base for video reviews and I know of a few that are now getting very high priced items worth several thousand dollars. Wishing you Good Luck !!

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
the "good reviews" on amazon would have been a non negotiable for me. I would have been like what if I don't LIKE the product. I need to be able to leave a LEGIT review - not just a "good" one. I'm not sure what Amazon things about a "paid" reviewer. I'm not experienced in this so I'm not sure, but that would have been my one thing. Hopefully they meant a legitimate review and not just a positively glowing review even if you weren't fond of the product.
I agree..I was a little annoyed about the review thing and beforehand asked them why It did not have any reviews yet. They said it was a new product that they had just launched. I checked out the other things they were selling and they have a variety of different things and are doing pretty well. I mean unless they are paying everyone lol but I'm assuming they are trying to rank on amazon right away since it's a new product of theirs. I actually like the product so far =)

Reactions: TCC learncanva4yt

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I agree..I was a little annoyed about the review thing and beforehand asked them why It did not have any reviews yet. They said it was a new product that they had just launched. I checked out the other things they were selling and they have a variety of different things and are doing pretty well. I mean unless they are paying everyone lol but I'm assuming they are trying to rank on amazon right away since it's a new product of theirs. I actually like the product so far =)

They could actually be paying for reviews - and if that's the case it can get them shut down from selling on amazon and could get you banned from reviewing on amazon.

PrettyGuardian

aybe in the future they would give me my requested rate. so they offered me $70 for a minute video and to give them good reviews on amazon...So they first sent me $40 on Paypal to buy the amazon product so it was pretty much free and $70 for the minute video..they had video examples of the video they wanted me to do and what to show...This was my first time doing a product review and it was the easiest $70 I've ever made lol plus I got a cool product out of it =) If you have any questions ask away

Thank you so much for letting us know how it all worked out. Congrats on getting the opportunity at all, that's something many channels don't get. I went and checked out your channel and while I think it would have been awesome if you got $150, getting $70 + a free product that you actually wanted sounds pretty fair to me. I'll keep that info in the back of my mind if I ever get sponsored video offers.

Reactions: Jeff Goober