• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Name Suggestions

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
So, I made a pivot months ago to simply book content. My channel name doesn't show that though. I would like to include books in the name and keep it somewhat close to what it is right now. Suggestions?

Reactions: Damon

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Super Cooper's Book Reviews
Super Cooper Book Hobbies

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
So, I made a pivot months ago to simply book content. My channel name doesn't show that though. I would like to include books in the name and keep it somewhat close to what it is right now. Suggestions?

The 2 guys made a lot of good suggestions since it was what you requested. However, are you absolutely sure you are going to stick to book reviews for the next several years? You are absolutely not going to want to do any videos besides book reviews?

I generally prefer the generic "reviews" name to give yourself some rope to do product reviews, audio reviews, software reviews, toy reviews, or anything else you may want to review. Book reviews seems narrow to me.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Super Cooper Hobbies

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
The 2 guys made a lot of good suggestions since it was what you requested. However, are you absolutely sure you are going to stick to book reviews for the next several years? You are absolutely not going to want to do any videos besides book reviews?

I generally prefer the generic "reviews" name to give yourself some rope to do product reviews, audio reviews, software reviews, toy reviews, or anything else you may want to review. Book reviews seems narrow to me.
I'm not just doing reviews, just book related content in general, like books about certain topics for example, or some of my favorite books.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I'm not just doing reviews, just book related content in general, like books about certain topics for example, or some of my favorite books.

I know what you want to do. I am asking do you think you will be doing only book reviews for the next 5 years?

If you change your mind, you will probably have to rename your channel again down the road. A channel rename is not the end of the world but to the degree you can reduce the chances, the better off you will be.

OP
OP
Super Cooper Hobbies

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I know what you want to do. I am asking do you think you will be doing only book reviews for the next 5 years?

If you change your mind, you will probably have to rename your channel again down the road. A channel rename is not the end of the world but to the degree you can reduce the chances, the better off you will be.
I think I understand now. I think I'm committed to what I'm doing now. But either way, looking at suggestions, nothing really pops to me, Super Cooper Hobbies has a ring to it that I haven't found elsewhere, so...

Reactions: MattCommand1

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I think I understand now. I think I'm committed to what I'm doing now. But either way, looking at suggestions, nothing really pops to me, Super Cooper Hobbies has a ring to it that I haven't found elsewhere, so...

There are pros and cons to having a narrow name. The pros is that people really know what you are focused on. The downside is that you can get too specific and locked in. Given your young age, you are very early in your YTuber career and will likely change your focus.

I've already change my channel name once and I am hoping I won't do it again. But I allow my channel a wide latitude of content buckets so my subscribers are kind of used to me straying a bit once in a while. People who subscribe to my channel will not be getting strict consistency. I try to be consistent but it is tough but I am not going to beat myself over it.

With Super Cooper Hobbies does allow you a wide latitude of content. I noticed you got rid of your earlier videos. It is too bad but I understand why you did it. Hopefully, you did not delete the videos, only hid them.

OP
OP
Super Cooper Hobbies

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
There are pros and cons to having a narrow name. The pros is that people really know what you are focused on. The downside is that you can get too specific and locked in. Given your young age, you are very early in your YTuber career and will likely change your focus.

I've already change my channel name once and I am hoping I won't do it again. But I allow my channel a wide latitude of content buckets so my subscribers are kind of used to me straying a bit once in a while. People who subscribe to my channel will not be getting strict consistency. I try to be consistent but it is tough but I am not going to beat myself over it.

With Super Cooper Hobbies does allow you a wide latitude of content. I noticed you got rid of your earlier videos. It is too bad but I understand why you did it. Hopefully, you did not delete the videos, only hid them.
The older videos are just unlisted now, some of them are special like the clucky ones, so I wouldn't want to delete them.

Reactions: MattCommand1