• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Does Youtube Shorts allow link to full video?

wwsu4453169

Does anyone know if you are allowed to say something like "For the full version of the video, see link in descriptions below" in the shorts video? For example if I post some shorts and want to direct people to the long form video on the same channel which is monetizable. I have seen some people who just put the full version of video in description but I'm not sure if you can also talk about it in the short video, or does it break some community regulation.

Any experience or suggestions is greatly appreaciated!

Priyansh

you can say that the full video can be found on my channel however i am not sure about the link I think its not possible..... but I have seen many youtubers say that Full video can be found on the channel..

Reactions: walterIdeas

Theory Guitar

Guitarist and YouTube Enthusiast
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Does anyone know if you are allowed to say something like "For the full version of the video, see link in descriptions below" in the shorts video? For example if I post some shorts and want to direct people to the long form video on the same channel which is monetizable. I have seen some people who just put the full version of video in description but I'm not sure if you can also talk about it in the short video, or does it break some community regulation.

Any experience or suggestions is greatly appreaciated!
Yeah, why wouldn't you be able to?? tons of other people do.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
They do... but good luck getting people to click on them. The audience there is specifically looking for a whole lot of real short videos to watch in a short amount of time. They don't typically want to be watching full length version videos.

Reactions: MattCommand1

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
I am still on the fence with the youtube shorts, its a copy of tiktok and now facebook is doing it. I created a whole new channel to do youtube shorts. I feel it's a little spammy to put in my main channel.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I am still on the fence with the youtube shorts, its a copy of tiktok and now facebook is doing it. I created a whole new channel to do youtube shorts. I feel it's a little spammy to put in my main channel.

It's my personal opinion that Shorts and TikToks with eventually fade because the purpose of these videos, to create short bursts of entertainment, are being overused and creators are running out of material because short video requires constant creation to maintain the audience it creates. What happens when there's nothing new left to create and you start repeating content you or someone else makes?

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
It's my personal opinion that Shorts and TikToks with eventually fade because the purpose of these videos, to create short bursts of entertainment, are being overused and creators are running out of material because short video requires constant creation to maintain the audience it creates. What happens when there's nothing new left to create and you start repeating content you or someone else makes?

I agree, another reason is nobody has screens that are up and down (verticle). Most people watch movies, music videos, etc on a widescreen (horizontal) screen. My dad says tiktok is like Vine, then Twitter bought them and closed it down for some reason.