ALL of my searches show "insufficient data" for the number of searches in keyword explorer. I need to know these numbers so i can compare different spellings like '45acp' or '45 acp'. Here is an example below, pleeeease fix or is this just gun terms getting this? Viqiq does an outstanding job on keyword research and numbers AND I WANT TO SEE TUBEBUDDY DO BETTER.c
View attachment 12301
Heya, thanks for making this suggestion!
I see what you're trying to say here, and it's not the first time we have come across such instances where we're not able to get estimated monthly search results for certain keywords which are being searched on our Keyword Explorer tool. The major reason for this is because, at times YouTube doesn't give us enough data or YouTube API doesn't provide TuebBuddy enough data for certain keywords, which in end, affect us when it comes to providing the results, hence, we end up seeing 'Insufficient Data'.
VidiQ, on other hand, indeed does a job a bit different than what we do, we solely depend on YouTube/Google API when it comes to data extraction and deriving a certain amount of searches, let's say Vid-IQ operates 97% of the same when it comes to pulling the data, but I'd say the remaining 3%, they're probably using some other ways of data extraction or else, API limitation should affect both the tools and not just us, as it's YouTube who decides how much data we should get and what not. I'm not an expert when it comes to API so I can't give you an exact answer to this but it's just what I believe and I think.
A lot of time you might notice that If you use a certain combination of keywords in our keyword explorer tool and let's say you're the first one to try a unique combination for that keyword in our tool, you won't be able to see any results for that specific keywords, simply because it's not been searched upon much but that doesn't mean that the keyword which you chose is bad or isn't worth to give a try. It totally depends on you here, there might be some time where you might see the searches are not much or let's say monthly searches are comparatively low than the other keywords but you can gain an advantage of those keywords by taking authority over such keywords, making good videos and making sure it's well seo'd so when people search up for that keyword, chances of your video being exposed to such audience will be high.
You can check the below video which explains how does the monthly search feature work -
As much as we would like to have detailed information about each and every keyword, I won't say it's impossible but it's quite hard as we're extracting the data from Google/YouTube and If their API fails to provide us with an estimated search amount, it's tough for us to provide the same to our users. In fact, we already have this feature in our keyword research, just in future, we might indeed tweak it If we felt the need of but the above issue will still be there for not all but for certain keywords which are either not being searched up much on our keyword tool or overall in YouTube/Google searches.