• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Talking about subscriber goals

LeylaMango

TubeBuddy User
calicovillage.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
For most, if not all, of us, we have our subscriber goals and when we meet them we typically make a new goal, right? Some of us probably make videos saying "thank you for x subscribers" when this happens. Well, I did this a bit ago and, while making it, wondered whether to talk about my new goal in the milestone video. Which would be better, to add something like "also, could you help me reach my goal of x subs by whenever," or to just not make comment?
Thank you!

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, not for me. My subscribers don't care how many subscribers I have. They only care about the content I produce. So my goal is not a certain number of subscribers by a certain date. That isn't a goal. That is a hoped-for outcome over which I have little to no control.

My goal is to produce XX number of videos at XX level of quality over XX number of years. That I have total control over.

Last edited:

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
We just gotta help each other grow

I hope you are not referring to sub for sub. That is NOT the way to grow legitimately grow. You posting your link here will net you 2 subscribers on the best day. No one will legitimately subscribe to you if they don't care about you or your content. You might get a couple of "mercy" subscribers that feel sorry for you but that is it.

Last edited:

Kathleen

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
I agree with the above posts. I don't think that it's a bad thing to mention it at the beginning of a video if it doesn't seem out of place or strange there, but I don't know that it's necessary. If you have other social media like Instagram, you could opt to share a Story and mention a thank you to your subscribers there if you'd like. I don't think that - for your channel - your subscribers want to see a video about you talking about your subscriber goals.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
For most, if not all, of us, we have our subscriber goals and when we meet them we typically make a new goal, right? Some of us probably make videos saying "thank you for x subscribers" when this happens. Well, I did this a bit ago and, while making it, wondered whether to talk about my new goal in the milestone video. Which would be better, to add something like "also, could you help me reach my goal of x subs by whenever," or to just not make comment?
Thank you!

I am not convinced that most people will care about YOUR subscriber goals. The subscribers I want are people who are legitimately interested in me or my content and want to follow me. I don't need any "mercy" or "pity" subscribers. There is a difference asking someone to subscribe to stay in touch vs. subscribe because I want to reach my goal is different. I kind of think it is off-putting. I won't get upset if someone wants to share their goal but it really doesn't move me to subscribe.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, like @Damon said, viewers don't really care about your YouTube stuff. They come to you for the authority/entertainment/education you provide on a topic that they need this info about. They don't come to your YouTube channel to hear about your YouTube stuff.

It can be hard dissociating from mentioning your YouTube stuff; this is something that you are very passionate about. But remember that this isn't what they signed up for and stay on topic for them.

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
only other youtubers care what other youtube channel has for subs. Which is why there is a milestone forum on this page so we can share our hard earned subs and be able to celebrate with those who understands the struggle. A regular viewer could care less about your channel's success and actually may turn your already subscribed viewer to unsub just out of spite. BUT this is totally normal to want to share your achievements with your crowd, especially running up to the 1k sub milestone; I definitely celebrated my first 100, 500, 1000, and 2500 but the reception from my viewers was not as enthusiastic as I had imagined. Most of the viewers who left a comment of congrats were other youtube content creators in my niche, so I stopped doing it on my YT videos. Also publicly announcing your future goals can force you to have unwelcomed deadline pressure that you really don't need (unless you work better under pressure). This doesn't mean don't have a goal and a timeline, just that you don't need to publicly announce it to your crowd.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
only other youtubers care what other youtube channel has for subs. Which is why there is a milestone forum on this page so we can share our hard earned subs and be able to celebrate with those who understands the struggle. A regular viewer could care less about your channel's success and actually may turn your already subscribed viewer to unsub just out of spite. BUT this is totally normal to want to share your achievements with your crowd, especially running up to the 1k sub milestone; I definitely celebrated my first 100, 500, 1000, and 2500 but the reception from my viewers was not as enthusiastic as I had imagined. Most of the viewers who left a comment of congrats were other youtube content creators in my niche, so I stopped doing it on my YT videos. Also publicly announcing your future goals can force you to have unwelcomed deadline pressure that you really don't need (unless you work better under pressure). This doesn't mean don't have a goal and a timeline, just that you don't need to publicly announce it to your crowd.

Absolutely correct. Creators have a tough time containing their excitement. "Celebrating" the milestones with viewers have questionable value for the most part. Every milestone has been important to me and I track them privately. But the viewers don't know nor do they care. I know there are some creators who announce their goals and celebrate it in a video. But as a viewer myself, I kind of roll my eyes when I see it. As you pointed out, unless your viewers are in the creator industry, I would celebrate your milestones offline or in a creator community within TB.

The exception to this is when the milestones are larger perhaps 10K, 100K, etc. In marketing parlance, it can be used as subtle "social proof" that viewers are making the right decision by subscribing and watching your videos.

Miles Ahead Racing

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
milesaheadracing.com
Subscriber Goal

Great advice. Also, love the Motocafe logo!

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
How can I get subscriber 1K for my channel?

You make good content for an extended period of time in a niche that you and other people are interested in. You constantly learn and evolve and "earn" subscribers. There is a lot to learn to earn 1K subscribers. It starts by committing to making at least 50-100 videos and learning & improving along the way.

DevilByTheTale

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Just as Matt said, focus on the content. Make good content, and numbers will follow. That being said, it is not an apples to apples comparison to other channels or types of content. There is no standard timeframe for reaching this benchmark. Some have been at it for years and have yet to reach 1K, and some can get it in a matter of weeks or even days.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I think it depends on the channel, the host, etc, etc. If your channel is all about you and your personality, life events, etc, etc, then sure go for it, get all excited and tell them thanks for the subs, etc, etc, let's get to the next level, etc. Some people like to see a success story evolve over time. But if your content is less personal, then like others have said, people won't care.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB