• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Improvements to the channel so it can reach its potential

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
User name: The Kitchen Gamer
Title of thread: Improvements to the channel so it can reach its potential
Self review: My channel was originally going to be a mix of gaming and also doing baking/cooking in my kitchen. This was so that I could get either party interested in the either gaming or doing something in their kitchen. After a while and the experimentation, I then went fully into baking/cooking as that was what most people enjoyed from what I was seeing in the data, I was still interested in keeping the gaming aspect of it so then I just decided to incorporate baking/cooking from the game worlds. So, then this keeps in with the channel name and it is popular in what I incorporate with the normal baking/cooking. What IΓÇÖm struggling with is just how the channel feels in terms of keywords and description along with general SEO (videos and channel) to be connecting with the audience. IΓÇÖve received lots of people saying that this is a really novel idea and cool. It surprises them that I donΓÇÖt have a large number of subs and theyΓÇÖre like ΓÇ£you should have more for what youΓÇÖre doing.ΓÇ¥ As a result IΓÇÖve finally decided to ask you all to have a look and give me feedback on how I can improve on what I already have.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheKitchenGamer
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/45106/

Reactions: Necros

Necros

TubeBuddy User
Hello! Your channel is awesome! May be you can collaborate with other cooks and make a show - cooking tournament :)

Kathleen

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
^ Collaborating with others is a good idea.

First off, just have to say that I love your channel's concept! It's so unique and fun!

Second, I think that you're doing a lot better than you think that you are. You seem to be doing all the right things: SEO optimization, engaging content, great organization of your videos, consistent uploads, great thumbnails, a great banner, etc. Your channel is less than a year old - from what I've seen with successful channels (with of course some exceptions for those who go viral or what have you), it takes more time to gain solid traction.

Not sure if you know this, but the average channel only gains 3-5 subscribers per 1,000 views. Considering you have 136 subscribers with 4,000 views, you're doing quite well with your subscriber/view rate.

My advice is to just keep making your great content consistently and you will definitely hit those milestones and goals.

OP
OP
The Kitchen Gamer

The Kitchen Gamer

TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
^ Collaborating with others is a good idea.

First off, just have to say that I love your channel's concept! It's so unique and fun!

Second, I think that you're doing a lot better than you think that you are. You seem to be doing all the right things: SEO optimization, engaging content, great organization of your videos, consistent uploads, great thumbnails, a great banner, etc. Your channel is less than a year old - from what I've seen with successful channels (with of course some exceptions for those who go viral or what have you), it takes more time to gain solid traction.

Not sure if you know this, but the average channel only gains 3-5 subscribers per 1,000 views. Considering you have 136 subscribers with 4,000 views, you're doing quite well with your subscriber/view rate.

My advice is to just keep making your great content consistently and you will definitely hit those milestones and goals.

Thank you very much for saying that I'm doing all things right. I didn't know that on average you would get 3-5subs per 1,000 views so that amazing to know I'm not following that trend and I'll keep on making great consistent content.

Reactions: Kathleen

Sir Palepaw

Heya! I had a look at your channel, and I'd say it's pretty well made! The banner looks great, the intro video is nice, and your channel icon shows exactly what your channel is about! I do have some criticisms about your latest video, but since you want a channel review, I think that instead I'll focus on that.

The only part that concerns me about what you mentioned is the fact that your decision to stick to cooking and baking was motivated by your current video data.
I'm not saying buckling down on a niche is a bad idea but doing the same thing over and over again can burn you down faster than you'd expect and might make what was originally a fun passion into a monotonous choir. So, if you ever want to take a break or do something new, I'd recommend getting more creative with your dishes or playing a game that has a large emphasis on cooking and see how your audience responds.

I probably sound like a fool for saying all of this, and if you think any of what I said won't work for you, then feel free to take this comment with a grain of salt. But I also think it's important for any YouTuber wanting to establish themselves as a long-term, successful creator to remember that they should always focus on what they want to do, and not just blindly follow statistics and keep themselves permanently tied to one specific niche. Doing one thing can get you subs but trying new things you have passion for may get you some genuine fans.

Reactions: The Kitchen Gamer

Kshkosh

Subscriber Goal
Mr: the kitchen gamer
Your channel idea is very beautiful and I also liked the banner and the logo and the way you narrate the explanation. This made me subscribe to the channel. I wish you more progress

Reactions: The Kitchen Gamer
OP
OP
The Kitchen Gamer

The Kitchen Gamer

TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Heya! I had a look at your channel, and I'd say it's pretty well made! The banner looks great, the intro video is nice, and your channel icon shows exactly what your channel is about! I do have some criticisms about your latest video, but since you want a channel review, I think that instead I'll focus on that.

The only part that concerns me about what you mentioned is the fact that your decision to stick to cooking and baking was motivated by your current video data.
I'm not saying buckling down on a niche is a bad idea but doing the same thing over and over again can burn you down faster than you'd expect and might make what was originally a fun passion into a monotonous choir. So, if you ever want to take a break or do something new, I'd recommend getting more creative with your dishes or playing a game that has a large emphasis on cooking and see how your audience responds.

I probably sound like a fool for saying all of this, and if you think any of what I said won't work for you, then feel free to take this comment with a grain of salt. But I also think it's important for any YouTuber wanting to establish themselves as a long-term, successful creator to remember that they should always focus on what they want to do, and not just blindly follow statistics and keep themselves permanently tied to one specific niche. Doing one thing can get you subs but trying new things you have passion for may get you some genuine fans.
Thank you very much for the feedback and I appreciate the viewpoint your coming from along with finding ways to be more creative on the dishes.
You don't sound like a food it's just a different view point and I really appreciate the way you see it.

Mr: the kitchen gamer
Your channel idea is very beautiful and I also liked the banner and the logo and the way you narrate the explanation. This made me subscribe to the channel. I wish you more progress
Thank you very much I'm looking to upgrade the banner and logo at some point in the near future.
That's really good that you like the way I narrate.
I'm very humbled that you've decided to sub to the channel along with the well wishes.

Reactions: Kshkosh

High Stim Ace

TubeBuddy Pro
www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
Just checked out your lemon cheesecake video and I think the presentation is very nice! Too bad I'm a bodybuilder and don't eat any of that stuff

Maybe I can make my own anabolic version of it lol.

Anyway, I like your accent. I think it adds to the video. Editing seems good and videos are short and to the point

OP
OP
The Kitchen Gamer

The Kitchen Gamer

TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Just checked out your lemon cheesecake video and I think the presentation is very nice! Too bad I'm a bodybuilder and don't eat any of that stuff

Maybe I can make my own anabolic version of it lol.

Anyway, I like your accent. I think it adds to the video. Editing seems good and videos are short and to the point
Thank you very much and you could always sneak a small bit etc and that version would be interesting.