• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Is This Normal? How can I boost my subscribers

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IMG_9460.jpeg

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I would sit down and have a brainstorm session with a group of like-minded creative-types to figure out a solid call-to-action for viewers.

Actually you've inspired me... I'm going to write a deep-dive post about this in YouTube Strategies right now.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I would sit down and have a brainstorm session with a group of like-minded creative-types to figure out a solid call-to-action for viewers.

Actually you've inspired me... I'm going to write a deep-dive post about this in YouTube Strategies right now.

I read what you wrote! Awesome stuff but you bruised me along the way! LOL!

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

I'm interested in reading the strategies =)

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Honestly, your beard videos seem to be outdoing everything else. I would niche down and make a beard channel. Forget calls-to-action, focus on making the kind of content people are responding to on your channel.
I am noticing that as well..I might change up my channel art..Do you think I should change my name to something like Jeffz Beard or somthing

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
If you buy views, you'll probably get your channel shut down. Everyone experiences plateaus. That's part of the test. Can you keep going even though you don't get the results you hoped for? This points to the real reason you're making videos. Are you there to serve and entertain people? If so, it won't matter much when you hit plateaus.

Also, what's the point buying views when those are not real people watching your content? Do you care more about the content you're creating and the people you serve, or do you really only care about the numbers on the computer screen?

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for your support. I just feel sometimes like that is my limit. Like no more people in the world will ever get interested in my content. You sound like a person with a great experience in it. Could you share any hacks that would help make my videos viral?

By the way, as to the buying views, my friends told me that there are real people watching YouTube videos for money. Maybe they will get interested in my channel after watching videos and will follow me because they like me?

Ok, be advised that this conversation is actually against YouTube and TubeBuddy Terms of Service... that is how serious this issue is. Buying views will get you banned from YouTube and even TubeBuddy. I am leaving this conversation up because I feel it is important that we help educate people like yourself about this.

The real problem that you are dealing with isn't that you aren't getting views, it's that you are not growing your channel as fast as you believe it should be growing. Buying views isn't going to help with that, and these views do not come from some warehouse where people get paid to watch your videos. That's ridiculous. These views are bots and they actually affect your channel negatively (because you get zero watch time, engagement or returning viewership from a botted view).

There is no cheating the system. You will need to take the time to improve your videos so that you can increase your watch time, returning viewership etc. You will need to put in the work and you need to be prepared for that to take years.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Could you share any hacks that would help make my videos viral?

Yes, I can help
  1. Accept that none of your videos may go viral.
  2. Produce 1,000 videos over the next 10 years according to motion picture best practices as seen in TV and movies, along with good thumbnails, titles that grab and hold people's attention that use long-tail keyword phrases containing low competition but highly requested searches.
  3. YouTube is a trade. Learn the trade, not tricks.
By the way, as to the buying views, my friends told me that there are real people watching YouTube videos for money. Maybe they will get interested in my channel after watching videos and will follow me because they like me?

No, here's why
  • Your friend is going to get you kicked off YouTube.
  • Reality check, if they are only watching your videos because you paid for them, what happens when you stop paying? Their sole motivation for watching your videos is because you paid them to do so. When the money stops they will stop watching your videos. (Just as Stanley said, these aren't real people, I don't care what your friend says.)
  • You need to build an audience of people wanting to watch your content.
  • There is no king's road to success on YouTube. You have to take the long, hard road. If not then you really aren't cut out for this.
  • NOTICE: YOU ARE GOING TO GET KICKED OFF YOUTUBE AND THESE FORUMS IF YOU CONTINUE TO TALK ABOUT BUYING VIEWS.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Laurie Vasquez

onetiggerroo

It's a real struggle. I gain and loose subs. Not sure of youtube is removing some for violations. But, I just keep putting new content out. We will get more viewers than subs I do think. That would be normal. Getting them hooked and commenting is one of my goals.