• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help 1042-S

Gary L

I received a 1042-S form from US IRS. I believe this is for the withholding tax for my YouTube monetization for non-US citizens. I am not sure what I should do with it or if this is just for my info.

Any ideas?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I received a 1042-S form from US IRS. I believe this is for the withholding tax for my YouTube monetization for non-US citizens. I am not sure what I should do with it or if this is just for my info.

Any ideas?

Unless you made a lot of money, my guess is you don't need to do much with it. But there are people outside the U.S. who may want to apply to get a refund from the withholding but they would have to file a tax return. For most Youtubers, it probably isn't worth the hassle to go through it. The IRS is tremendously backed up right now so unless you had the expertise to file it electronically, you could be in a for a long wait (assuming you were eligible for a refund).

OP
OP
Gary L

Gary L

Unless you made a lot of money, my guess is you don't need to do much with it. But there are people outside the U.S. who may want to apply to get a refund from the withholding but they would have to file a tax return. For most Youtubers, it probably isn't worth the hassle to go through it. The IRS is tremendously backed up right now so unless you had the expertise to file it electronically, you could be in a for a long wait (assuming you were eligible for a refund).
Thanks. I'll just leave it as it is.