• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered I don't think Keyword Explorer is working right for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda Summers

Known Member
I have a channel that I cannot seem to grow so I upgraded to the Legend level. I like the keyword explorer because it shows if a term is a good, searchable term. However, it's taking me so long to find the words, phrases to put in. If I don't think of it, it's totally pointless. For example, I am making a video about 'Changes in tourism regulations in Nepal.' I put the term in Keyword explorer and it says there isn't enough information, but it says it's a good term so I include it. Next, I have to think of another word or phrase. OK, so I think of 'Visa Upon Arrival in Nepal' and again I get:

Insufficient Data # of Monthly Searches (estimate)
After all these months of using it, I'm starting to think there should be some sort of history for the searches, otherwise, this does little to streamline it. It's basically like I always did it, think of words and phrases that fit the title and add it. But I think I'm paying quite a bit for this.

What am I doing wrong? Once in a while it does give me some history, but it's not very often. I thought it was supposed to help me think of some keywords. It still takes me hours to tag each video and write the description. I'm exhausted by the time the video goes up. I like Tubebuddy very much because I can see that my video ranks, but it's really, really time-consuming, which is the problem I thought I was solving by getting the upgrade. When I upgraded I was at over 1,200 subs. Now I'm barely at 1,260. But I'm ranking. I still only have about 400 watch hours and a handful subs for each video I put up - if I'm lucky.

It also tells me I'll rank for many, many phases on varying subjects, none of which are about Nepal. That's in the box in the video description. Really stupid suggestions that aren't related to my video.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I have a channel that I cannot seem to grow so I upgraded to the Legend level. I like the keyword explorer because it shows if a term is a good, searchable term. However, it's taking me so long to find the words, phrases to put in. If I don't think of it, it's totally pointless. For example, I am making a video about 'Changes in tourism regulations in Nepal.' I put the term in Keyword explorer and it says there isn't enough information, but it says it's a good term so I include it. Next, I have to think of another word or phrase. OK, so I think of 'Visa Upon Arrival in Nepal' and again I get:

After all these months of using it, I'm starting to think there should be some sort of history for the searches, otherwise, this does little to streamline it. It's basically like I always did it, think of words and phrases that fit the title and add it. But I think I'm paying quite a bit for this.

Heya!! I see where are you coming from and I totally get it when you're using one of our top tier licenses yet there's no growth in your overall channel, you would indeed feel that there's no use for it and you might be doing something wrong or something isn't right. Let me clear up some myths which people have when they start a YouTube channel and when they sign up for TubeBuddy's Paid license. In no way does Tubebuddy guarantee that using the Tubebuddy tool will make your channel grow to thousands of subscribers or viewers or you would start seeing growth in a couple of weeks or months. The truth is that Tubebuddy is a tool that our users can use to dive deeper into keyword research, learn more about YouTube optimization using SEO studio, learn about better practices to make a video go great and a few of our best tools come up with the Legend License, which is none other than A/B Testing and Click Magnet.

Now, talking about the Keyword explorer tool not showing enough results for the keyword "Changes in tourism regulations in Nepal" is mainly due to the fact there isn't enough data for Tubebuddy to collect from YouTube itself. Moreover, If you put an entire phrase like that, it's unlikely you will get a result for that particular phrase right away as it's a long term and there are chances that people might not use the exact phrases while researching or looking for Tourism in Nepal. If YouTube doesn't provide us with enough data, TubeBuddy won't be able to provide you with accurate data as well.
I tried doing some research on that specific keyword on keyword explorer to see what results am getting and I believe it might be same for you, here what it shows to me :-

1649580170599.png

Now, we do see that keyword is good, but not good enough for the video to be properly ranked for your channel. Here we see that the search volume itself isn't that well enough hence, the bar is in the left direction which is in red. The competition bar here shows that you've got a good chance to gain authority of the phrase here as there are not many videos that have the exact phrase in the title of their video. We do see that the optimization strength for this phrase is quite good, which means that you've got a good opportunity to do better SEO on this video as there are videos that might not be well optimized which can give you an upper hand over others on this phrase.

Additionally, what I will suggest you here is rather putting an entire phrase or a long keyword which as "Changes in tourism regulations in Nepal" which kinda gets more specific, you should try breaking down the phrases into each word and then do the Keyword Research, so I'd say try looking Tourism Nepal or Nepal Tourism or Tourism Nepal Regulations and so on, this would give you a broader idea and you might as well see the related keywords in the suggestions which people are looking for or which are currently being ranked for other videos.

Example : -
1649580954853.png

It goes same for the other phrase as well which you have mentioned about Nepal Visa and so on. Always try to break down the phrase into words to see which one would be a better keyword to target.

Furthermore,

What am I doing wrong? Once in a while it does give me some history, but it's not very often. I thought it was supposed to help me think of some keywords. It still takes me hours to tag each video and write the description. I'm exhausted by the time the video goes up. I like Tubebuddy very much because I can see that my video ranks, but it's really, really time-consuming, which is the problem I thought I was solving by getting the upgrade. When I upgraded I was at over 1,200 subs. Now I'm barely at 1,260. But I'm ranking. I still only have about 400 watch hours and a handful subs for each video I put up - if I'm lucky.

It also tells me I'll rank for many, many phases on varying subjects, none of which are about Nepal. That's in the box in the video description. Really stupid suggestions that aren't related to my video.

I see that you've mentioned it takes you hours to tag each video and write a description and everything but let me ask you something here, we can't expect to get results without giving our 100% and doing whatever it takes to make that video a top-notch, do we? Being a content creator itself is a big thing and it requires a lot of patience and hard work. TubeBuddy indeed offers some great tools when it comes to changing descriptions in bulks and since you've mentioned that you've got a Legend License, you would be able to make use of it. I will link down tutorial videos which you can check and make use of it whenever you can as that will definitely make your work at a bit ease If you're looking to do some specific changes in bulk for videos.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU9tahNRVgE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY8p0epkh6Q

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8TG0NvKDH8&t

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdzhdmwNXRc

I hope it helps.

P, S - I'd like to add that growth of your subscribers and watch hours everything depends on how well your video performs, how well your video is optimized and how well your audience retention is. If all of these are in place, you would grow in no time. It indeed requires a lot of patience and stuff, so I'd wish you luck, trust me, gaining those first 1000 subscribers is tough and since you have crossed that barrier, you know how it works now and you just need to focus a bit more and you'd be there in no time!

Reactions: BraveStar

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

Heya!! I see where are you coming from and I totally get it when you're using one of our top tier licenses yet there's no growth in your overall channel, you would indeed feel that there's no use for it and you might be doing something wrong or something isn't right. Let me clear up some myths which people have when they start a YouTube channel and when they sign up for TubeBuddy's Paid license. In no way does Tubebuddy guarantee that using the Tubebuddy tool will make your channel grow to thousands of subscribers or viewers or you would start seeing growth in a couple of weeks or months. The truth is that Tubebuddy is a tool that our users can use to dive deeper into keyword research, learn more about YouTube optimization using SEO studio, learn about better practices to make a video go great and a few of our best tools come up with the Legend License, which is none other than A/B Testing and Click Magnet.

Now, talking about the Keyword explorer tool not showing enough results for the keyword "Changes in tourism regulations in Nepal" is mainly due to the fact there isn't enough data for Tubebuddy to collect from YouTube itself. Moreover, If you put an entire phrase like that, it's unlikely you will get a result for that particular phrase right away as it's a long term and there are chances that people might not use the exact phrases while researching or looking for Tourism in Nepal. If YouTube doesn't provide us with enough data, TubeBuddy won't be able to provide you with accurate data as well.
I tried doing some research on that specific keyword on keyword explorer to see what results am getting and I believe it might be same for you, here what it shows to me :-

1649580170599.png

Now, we do see that keyword is good, but not good enough for the video to be properly ranked for your channel. Here we see that the search volume itself isn't that well enough hence, the bar is in the left direction which is in red. The competition bar here shows that you've got a good chance to gain authority of the phrase here as there are not many videos that have the exact phrase in the title of their video. We do see that the optimization strength for this phrase is quite good, which means that you've got a good opportunity to do better SEO on this video as there are videos that might not be well optimized which can give you an upper hand over others on this phrase.

Additionally, what I will suggest you here is rather putting an entire phrase or a long keyword which as "Changes in tourism regulations in Nepal" which kinda gets more specific, you should try breaking down the phrases into each word and then do the Keyword Research, so I'd say try looking Tourism Nepal or Nepal Tourism or Tourism Nepal Regulations and so on, this would give you a broader idea and you might as well see the related keywords in the suggestions which people are looking for or which are currently being ranked for other videos.

1649580954853.png

It goes same for the other phrase as well which you have mentioned about Nepal Visa and so on. Always try to break down the phrase into words to see which one would be a better keyword to target.

Furthermore,

I see that you've mentioned it takes you hours to tag each video and write a description and everything but let me ask you something here, we can't expect to get results without giving our 100% and doing whatever it takes to make that video a top-notch, do we? Being a content creator itself is a big thing and it requires a lot of patience and hard work. TubeBuddy indeed offers some great tools when it comes to changing descriptions in bulks and since you've mentioned that you've got a Legend License, you would be able to make use of it. I will link down tutorial videos which you can check and make use of it whenever you can as that will definitely make your work at a bit ease If you're looking to do some specific changes in bulk for videos.

I hope it helps.

P, S - I'd like to add that growth of your subscribers and watch hours everything depends on how well your video performs, how well your video is optimized and how well your audience retention is. If all of these are in place, you would grow in no time. It indeed requires a lot of patience and stuff, so I'd wish you luck, trust me, gaining those first 1000 subscribers is tough and since you have crossed that barrier, you know how it works now and you just need to focus a bit more and you'd be there in no time!

Reactions: BraveStar
OP
OP
Amanda Summers

Amanda Summers

Known Member

View attachment 12071

View attachment 12073

Furthermore,

I hope it helps.

Thank you so much. Lots of info for me to work with. I just thought I could shave off an hour or two. After 130 detailed videos, I was hoping it would start to go a bit faster. It isn't. I've had 1200+ for many months and it's stopped at 1250 and doesn't seem to be moving. I'm doing the best that I can. It's still like I haven't found my tribe.
I like doing the videos because I love to help people choose Nepal for their travels. I'm older and need a good hobby to keep me active, but my head tells me it isn't something that will ever give a monetary return. But my heart tells me that a lot of people are in need of this information. When I check in with my inner motivator, I know I need to stay the course. But I'm getting tired.

Reactions: Nody | Team TB

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You're most welcome! It does takes a while and there might be many hurdles in your way but all I can say is keep trying and you'll definitely reach your target.

Being said this, I will locked the topic.

Please do not hesitate to ask us any other doubts or questions :).

Status
Not open for further replies.