• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Should I keep posting?

Theory Guitar

Guitarist and YouTube Enthusiast
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys, so I recently posted asking about these reaction videos I was doing. I was averaging 13k per video and I was really excited. A few people said that I probably wasn't hurting my audience by making these videos so I continued to make the videos. In the last two week I decided to not post them for a while and see if I was really growing my audience or not. Now I am averaging about 85 views a day and about 100-150 views per video. What does everyone think? should I keep posting the reaction videos or not??

Reactions: Prince Prodigal

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys, so I recently posted asking about these reaction videos I was doing. I was averaging 13k per video and I was really excited. A few people said that I probably wasn't hurting my audience by making these videos so I continued to make the videos. In the last two week I decided to not post them for a while and see if I was really growing my audience or not. Now I am averaging about 85 views a day and about 100-150 views per video. What does everyone think? should I keep posting the reaction videos or not??
The algorithm is not punishing you, this is simply the audience reaction. I think it is good to experiment and this is something obviously worked but maybe doesn't work as a common type of video. In this circumstance I would continue doing them, but less often. Maybe once a month or once every 90 days.

OP
OP
Theory Guitar

Theory Guitar

Guitarist and YouTube Enthusiast
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The algorithm is not punishing you, this is simply the audience reaction. I think it is good to experiment and this is something obviously worked but maybe doesn't work as a common type of video. In this circumstance I would continue doing them, but less often. Maybe once a month or once every 90 days.
Ok thats probably what I will do. I am still experimenting I want to get a solid base of subs and not be the guys who has 10k subs and is still getting 100 views per video.

Reactions: Damon

Lenre2021

Subscriber Goal
Better to keep on posting. The more posts you have, the more chances to expose your videos. Keep it up!

Reactions: Damon

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal

I am very milestone-driven but simultaneously I temper myself of certain inclinations. One important milestone is for me to finally cross over and become a YPP member. In my situation, I will cross 4,000 hours late this month but my number of subscribers is lagging far behind.

It was unclear to me if you will soon meet the 4,000 hours since you have far more subscribers than you need for YPP. To me, you have come this far, cross over into YPP and then do your refinements.

But having said all that, I too, have a bit of a dilemma also. The videos that have done well for me are outliers and not necessarily the core avatar I am targeting. I am constantly experimenting with different things to see what happens. Sometimes they come out stinkers, other times I get surprised.

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Well, do you want to do the reaction videos? If you enjoy making them, and they're doing well, then I would say keep on doing it. If not, then start experimenting like Stanley said.

If eventually you find that reaction videos are the only things that do well for your channel now, and you don't want to do them anymore. Then I would watch this video by Nate from Channel Makers. He talks about getting into a content rut when only one type of content works for you and he'll give you ways to fix it.

FunEditor

From my experience reaction videos have been doing very well, they can even generate millions of views, you just have to be careful about the copyright stuff.

Reactions: Theory Guitar

SeleneRowalo

reactions channels usually do well, just watch for copyright stuff. take some tips from channels like MrBeast Reacts, Old Pewdiepie stuff, Rossdog, sniperwolf, jackseptcieye, markpliers, 8bit ryan. just check those out

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
YouTube fully allows you to use other people's content in your videos, as long as you are adding something to it, like a reaction, etc. That's why so many channels are experimenting with this because well....unlimited content at your disposal. I mean...all you need to do is search for the top 10-20 videos trending on youtube daily and react to them. When it comes to content it's all about your work bandwidth, if you want to bust out a bunch of shorts go for it. I'm getting a fairly good understanding of shorts now, and my conclusion is shorts & long play videos can be pretty much treated as two different demographic markets, so I doubt they hurt or help each other that much.

Prince Prodigal

TubeBuddy Star
dot.cards
Subscriber Goal
Do wutchu want G