• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Is it worth it to fake views?

liahughes

The original content is normal niche education writemyessaysos.com and gets its views. We don't do any click-throughs. But there was a question in development. Is it worth adding likes, views, comments from various resources? Will it be better? Or it's not worth it.

Last edited:

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Initially the content is normal and gaining its views. We don't do any click-throughs. But there was a question in development.
Is it worth adding likes, views, comments from various resources? Will it be better? Or it's not worth it.
No it's not worth having fake views as that will give you the wrong analytics and what's the point of faking it just work on SEO, Thumbnails, Titles, Descriptions etc.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Well as already mentioned you will likely lose your channel. Which should be enough of a deterrent.
But realistically how many 10s of thousands of view would you need to fake to make any difference? I would think the time and effort would be better spent on quality content.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
How many views can you really create via these various resources? I mean, buying views can get you numbers but these get zero ad views, will get you banned at worst and destroy your channel at best. But actually, manually going out and watching your own content through different accounts in order to 'boost' it? If you can do that 500 times through 500 different IP's and accounts then you still walk away with only 500 views per video. Maybe this gets you a boost to where this video hits 1,000 views. Are you in this game for 1,000 views per video (and all that work?).

You are better served doing it right. Spend that time learning SEO and improving your actual content. There are no tricks. If 1,000 views per video is your end goal have at it. But you are never going to beat that with these low-level hacks.

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Initially the content is normal and gaining its views. We don't do any click-throughs. But there was a question in development.
Is it worth adding likes, views, comments from various resources? Will it be better? Or it's not worth it.
Everybody else has raised good points on this. You definitely shouldn't do any of that, it won't mean anything and will really only hurt you. The algorithm might notice, but it will just pick up on the wrong things. To actually make a difference, you'd have to get a lot of fake views, which is time consuming, and probably not worth it. Plus, if it did work and you got recommended more, there's no way to know if its being shown the right people, meaning it might just set you back. If Youtube finds out you bought views, subscribers, etc, you'll likely just get taken off of Youtube. Its just not worth it.

Reactions: Damon

DeathDeserter

Look, I just created an account just so I can answer your query as a lot of people do fall into this trap, and I run my own SMMA so I know some stuff... xD

Let me just start by telling you what happens to your algorithm when you pay for the views.
YouTube's algorithm works in a way that pushes your content to people who belong to your niche. Let for example say "sam" is watching similar videos like you are creating. YouTube will try to push your video to "sam" and if he and a 100 (hypothetical number, not exact figure, no-one knows) other "sam" watch your video, YouTube will start pushing it to a wider audience, who are watching similar videos to your niche. Maybe even sometimes 2-3 niches combined.

BUT

When you start to view-botting your channel, bots don't have any specific taste. Even if that bot has watched 10's of thousands of videos before, YouTube is not being able to profile that bot, as it's watching channels from different niches with different flavors. And when a thousand of such bots come and watch your video and give you views/watch time. Your video probably will fall into the YouTube Sandbox, as YouTube's algorithm isn't able to determine who is your audience...

Plus it's even worse if you have a new channel. At that stage YouTube counts every view and that can worsen your channel's algorithm even more then you can imagine. If you've already set up something like a 10K subs and are getting at least 100K views per video, that botting of even 10K Views will not affect your SEO as much as it would when you have only a 100 subs and maybe 10K Views or something throughout your channel...

Reactions: Dysphasia PV

Hiking with Shawn

TubeBuddy Legend
Even if you get away with fake views, in the end, what return on investment does it give you? None. I mean, wouldn't you rather see the real picture on your channel rather than some lie?

Let alone if you ever got caught. You'd have that reputation as a cheater.

Toastah

Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the insight, i don't see why people would want to bot views, you gain nothing from it