• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What contents do you create for your channel?

Shakmeister5000

Hello all,

As the title says what sort of contents or niche do you create on your channel? IΓÇÖm seeing a lot of gaming channel now a days which is deeming very popular throughout the YouTube world

Reactions: Damon

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Indeed, gaming is extremely prevalent on YouTube. It's basically what made YouTube popular. It's easy to be a gaming YouTuber, it doesn't take a lot of skill beyond being able to play a game or talk about it. You need only to record gameplay of some sort (playing the game, making tutorials, recording weird glitches and problems and even reviewing games) with or without a camera or commentary, edit it with intros, outros, music and animations and upload. It's really not that hard to create. The hard part is making content that people want to watch, that they will enjoy. There may be a lot o gaming YouTubers but most are not really successful.

Cooking however requires some skill in cooking and commentary. Just as video/photo editing tutorials do. Channels that involve fishing are usually based on a passion for the activity that not a lot of people have or are willing to make videos about. Then there's the music genre where the person is usually very skilled at making music and/or singing. A skill not as common as we thing.

In essence, unlike most other genres, being a gamer doesn't really require having skills beyond knowing how to use a PC and edit. Even if you're the best at, say, Fortnite, Sea of Thieves, Minecraft or even Uno, more often then not people who are just average skilled who happen to be funny are just as likely to be popular. It's simply easy to be a YouTuber gamer. It's just not easy to be a popular one. That's why there are so many.

I'm one of them. LOL

OP
OP
Shakmeister5000

Shakmeister5000

Indeed, gaming is extremely prevalent on YouTube. It's basically what made YouTube popular. It's easy to be a gaming YouTuber, it doesn't take a lot of skill beyond being able to play a game or talk about it. You need only to record gameplay of some sort (playing the game, making tutorials, recording weird glitches and problems and even reviewing games) with or without a camera or commentary, edit it with intros, outros, music and animations and upload. It's really not that hard to create. The hard part is making content that people want to watch, that they will enjoy. There may be a lot o gaming YouTubers but most are not really successful.

Cooking however requires some skill in cooking and commentary. Just as video/photo editing tutorials do. Channels that involve fishing are usually based on a passion for the activity that not a lot of people have or are willing to make videos about. Then there's the music genre where the person is usually very skilled at making music and/or singing. A skill not as common as we thing.

In essence, unlike most other genres, being a gamer doesn't really require having skills beyond knowing how to use a PC and edit. Even if you're the best at, say, Fortnite, Sea of Thieves, Minecraft or even Uno, more often then not people who are just average skilled who happen to be funny are just as likely to be popular. It's simply easy to be a YouTuber gamer. It's just not easy to be a popular one. That's why there are so many.

I'm one of them. LOL
CookingΓÇÖs my main job lol
I totally agree with you. I do wrapping and car detailing on my channel as thatΓÇÖs my passion and hoping I can change my career path and do it full time in the future with my own indoor space. IΓÇÖve started recording my work to show other people and let them see hoping I can get more work in. But for the main time I make do with the weather :)

Reactions: Damon

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I started with Cooking/Baking and some Gaming videos but now I've transferred into a purely Cooking/Baking channel but I still have gaming ties as I'm bring food from games into RL so it's a challenge but so much fun.

Reactions: Shakmeister5000

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Hello all...IΓÇÖm seeing a lot of gaming channel now a days...
What the algorithm shows you depends a lot on what your watch history. I do not watch gaming channels, so YT does not offer me gaming channels. From appearances - I would say there must not be very many gaming channels... because they never offer them to me. Just as YT has never offered me a Pewdi-whoever vid, or a Beast vid. I must not be the target audience.