• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How many subs do you think you can get by 2023

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
Mine is laughable. I consistently get about 35 per month every month, none of which I think actually watches anything, so 315 total if nothing exciting happens with my channel by then :/

Reactions: cubeytcl

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
If I were willing to do what I knew would get subs, I could get tens of thousands. But if I continue to do exactly what I am doing, I should pick up 4 to 5K subs by 2013. Now, if I hit a golden button video on accident, that will be double.

Of course, it does not matter to me how many subs I get. They mean absolutely nothing to me. My subs do not watch my new videos anyway. Why they even sub is a mystery. I made five videos today and not one of them was for YouTube. I am headed to greener pastures until the grass starts growing in the YT field again.

Reactions: Damon

Shakmeister5000

Subscriber count by 2023 hopefully reach 500. But I think itΓÇÖs still early days for me but I only want people who are interested in watching my content than people just subscribing for the sheer fun of hitting the sub button on any channel they come across.

But hey, at the end of the day we canΓÇÖt choose who we want to be subbed by. We let people make their own decisions on our channels :)

Reactions: The Jungle Explorer

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I understand the curiosity of the question but that's like asking how many drops of rain will fall next time it rains. There's just no way to know because people subscribe only if they want to. On average it seems at least 60 to 70% of most people's views come from non subscribed viewers. Many YouTubers have been using the whole "90% of you who watch my videos are not subscribed" strategy to get them to subscribe but I doubt it works to be honest. People will subscribe whenever they simply choose to. That's how I do it. I subscribe if I find it worthy and I plan on watching more from the same creator.

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I don't get subscribers at a constant rate, its really one here and there, so I really have no idea, it might not be a lot more than what I have right now.

That doesn't really bother me though. Subscribers don't matter as much as other things. So long as I'm still getting views, and my videos will get more views then the last ones, I'll say that I'm successful, as people are still watching my videos. There are other ways to measure your audience size then subscribers.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Growth comes in leaps and bounds. I had a 1,200 sub spike one month. I've had 30 sub months recently. I'm aiming to hit 5,000 subs by the end of the year; this will require me to gain 2 per day. That's more than expected but it is a simple goal that I have set for myself; I simply need to get 2 people per day to subscribe to my channel. I can do that. It's reasonable, simple and attainable.

You should do the same. Set a realistic goal that requires you to put in a little extra legwork. Even if you fail it's a win.

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
There are many reasons that you shouldn't do this. For one, its spam and is considered rude. People will get annoyed at you, and you can get banned from places. Its simply not good manners.

Thats the ethics side of it, but theres more.

This won't actually help you. Yes, maybe one or two people might subscribe out of pity or to "support" you. But do they really care? No. Just because someone is subscribed does not mean they'll watch your videos. Subscribers don't equal views. Those "supporters" will likely never look at your channel again, and will just unsubscribe later when they clean out their subscriptions. This will actually hurt you, as youtube will see this as your audience not caring about your content. Subscribers are actually useless to some extent, they don't really matter. You should be focussing on views and getting people to watch your videos (and watch them all the way through). That actually matters, and will help you. YouTube will see that and see it as your content doing well, and will spread it to more people.

So focus on making quality content that people will actually watch, subscribers will come on their own, and you're much better off growing naturally.

A couple specific tips for you, work on your thumbnails and fix your banner. It will look so much better and will help you a lot.

Dysphasia PV

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
www.dysphasia.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
I wouldn't know where to start to say how many I would get by 2023. I could be at 5K, back at 0, or at the same number I'm at the moment. Who knows.

GPx

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think when people give a number of what they think, it's mainly based on hope more than anything else.

I returned back to youtube after 3 years break, and everytime I get 1 sub, which isn't often, i lose one. So although i'd like to hit 4k by 2023 I think realistically it's like to be no more than 3.7k based on what i'm seeing with my channel.

P.S. Those of you with the "Error" in their posts, you probably put your whole Channel URL in your profile instead of just the Channel ID that starts with U.

Virtual Road Trip

Familiar Member
I've been losing so many since I had a big boost recently. I think a slight change in format may be why. I just hope to hold and start growing again.