• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback With or Without title?

ShanitatorWiggy

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Untitled design (1).jpg
PLASTIC PRODUCTION.jpg

Do my thumbnails look more clickable with or without the title being on the screen? I've noticed a lot of people have the title there so I didn't want it to blend in with others too much.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Honestly... the title isn't doing much for me either way. It isn't compelling me to click, but it also doesn't really draw me away either. I will say though that the focus of the image is what I am having the biggest issue with. It's... well it's just kinda there. Nothing stands out, draws me in or creates any intrigue. I'm afraid that while the design aspects are all well and good the overall composition comes off as a bit bland. I would encourage a more dramatic approach.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
The philosophy I've adopted is if you must use text, don't duplicate the title. Choose words/text that complement/supplement the title. You didn't provide an accompanying title to convey what the overall message is supposed to be.

In other words, people will view both a title and thumbnail simultaneously which will influence whether a viewer clicks or not.

Reactions: Theory Guitar

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
The philosophy I've adopted is if you must use text, don't duplicate the title. Choose words/text that complement/supplement the title. You didn't provide an accompanying title to convey what the overall message is supposed to be.

In other words, people will view both a title and thumbnail simultaneously which will influence whether a viewer clicks or not.
This is SOLID advice. Text should add to the art and create intrigue... it should assist in compelling the viewer to click. Restating the title or generic text doesn't help and should be reconsidered.

Reactions: Theory Guitar