• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Should you create another channel before 1st has 1K Subs?

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
You need 100 subscribers for the custom url. As for the second channel, I would say thats up to what you want to do. If you have another interest that you want to do videos about, then go right ahead, just make sure you can manage the workload.

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Should you create another channel before your 1st channel has 1000 Subs?
It would be an entirely different focus/theme.

And how many subs must you have before you can personalize the URL?
Thanks!

Your amount of subs is irrelevant to whether you should create another channel. The question here is; do you have a need for another channel? If you have a cooking channel and decided you want to also make gaming videos, you should create another channel for the gaming content. If you have a cooking channel and decided you want to start making vegan recipes, you probably do not need to create a new channel, just a new playlist on your existing channel.

Dendi Rifki Senjaya

Your amount of subs is irrelevant to whether you should create another channel. The question here is; do you have a need for another channel? If you have a cooking channel and decided you want to also make gaming videos, you should create another channel for the gaming content. If you have a cooking channel and decided you want to start making vegan recipes, you probably do not need to create a new channel, just a new playlist on your existing channel.
Yes thanks

byyzeroh

Subscriber Goal
A second channel for shorts or clips would be a good idea i think, I'm seeing not just the popular streamers but also smaller creators utilize a second channel to grow their main

Stiga Graphics

You need 100 subscribers for the custom url. As for the second channel, I would say thats up to what you want to do. If you have another interest that you want to do videos about, then go right ahead, just make sure you can manage the workload.
Yes. You should first ask yourself if you can manage multiple channels. How often will you be able to post content on both channels should be the main decision. If it worth your time, you can go ahead. But if not, try managing your first channel and be consistent until you see changes

DevilByTheTale

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Pretty much what the others said. Focus on the things you want. I kind of killed my other channel (gaming) by including other things for pure entertainment and education like cooking videos and animal documentaries. The gaming channel has about 5000 subs, while this one only has over 100. I would rather work on this to have the creative freedom.

AvGeek_in_AZ

This is similar to the question i posted. I don't know if I should go with a 2nd channel. As someone said above, I'd rather not dilute my hobby content with all sorts of other content but right now everything's together in 1 place. I''d like to monetize my hobby but would rather not start from zero again in the drive for monetization.

MGBimsara

Subscriber Goal
My opinion is we should not. Because we do have to grow our main channel before going to create another new channel.