• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question So what editor do we all use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrVlogs

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
Right now, I use Corel VideoStudio 2020 it is good but a bit buggy & glitchy. However, my dream editor to use is DaVinci Resolve (By Blackmagic Designs) it is far better in my option than adobe. But it's a bit too powerful for my laptop. I tried it before & I love it! My computer just can't handle it. You can do so much in it & they also take our feedback & will add it in the new updates or next program drop.

What video editors do you all use?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I use Filmora X & 11 but started on Filmora 9. At the time, I decided there were not many reasonable options to create vertical or square videos which was something I was interested in doing at that time. But because I now do a lot of "talking head" videos, what is indispensable to me is the Silence Detection feature which saves me a ton of time of getting rid of my many speech errors during recording.

But another reason I like it is because I can get a "lifetime license" and "lifetime upgrades" for the base video editor. I am not into paying obnoxious monthly subscription fees as Adobe does to access their software.

OP
OP
TrVlogs

TrVlogs

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I use Filmora X & 11 but started on Filmora 9. At the time, I decided there were not many reasonable options to create vertical or square videos which was something I was interested in doing at that time. But because I now do a lot of "talking head" videos, what is indispensable to me is the Silence Detection feature which saves me a ton of time of getting rid of my many speech errors during recording.

But another reason I like it is because I can get a "lifetime license" and "lifetime upgrades" for the base video editor. I am not into paying obnoxious monthly subscription fees as Adobe does to access their software.
I tried Filmora before. I did not like it at the time it was a few years ago. I tried it again last year they did some major improvements. Most of with the freezing & crash.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, the point is you can look there to see what others are using without waiting for people to respond. Since it has been talked about recently and extensively people may not respond to your thread as readily. This way you get your answer quickly. And, for future reference you now know that the Gear Discussions forum is a much better place for talking about gear whether software or hardware.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrVlogs

TrVlogs

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
Well, the point is you can look there to see what others are using without waiting for people to respond. Since it has been talked about recently and extensively people may not respond to your thread as readily. This way you get your answer quickly. And, for future reference you now know that the Gear Discussions forum is a much better place for talking about gear whether software or hardware.
I'm not looking for one. I just wanted to know what others are using. I'm not going to go searching for a topic. It's really not that serious as you are making it out to be.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Understood, and you don't have to search. I gave you the link to the information directly. If you read it, you'll know what everyone is using.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I tried Filmora before. I did not like it at the time it was a few years ago. I tried it again last year they did some major improvements. Most of with the freezing & crash.

That is true that they are going through an unhappy series of mini-upgrades. It is not quite there but it is slowly getting better. I am a simple guy so Filmora is probably not going to appeal to the "heft" of other products.

Also, if you are using a laptop for video editing, your options are going to be limited.

OP
OP
TrVlogs

TrVlogs

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
That is true that they are going through an unhappy series of mini-upgrades. It is not quite there but it is slowly getting better. I am a simple guy so Filmora is probably not going to appeal to the "heft" of other products.

Also, if you are using a laptop for video editing, your options are going to be limited.
Yea I need the effects and all. As for the desktop, it's a bit too big for me & just the hook-up process for me is a bit much.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Your point? I'm not going to go hunting for something.

OK, first, lets not be rude to those trying to help you out. If you have no desire to search that's fine. You can always say thank you for the link and if necessary pretend you're gonna look at it. But being rude is completely unnecessary and a terrible way to make connections and find the help you're looking for. This community is here to help each other so please try to treat each other with some respect. @Damon is one of our most knowledgeable members and someone you should listen to.

Second, you asked a question, a link to a post already talking about this topic was given and somehow it's not what you want? We like to try to avoid having multiple posts with the same question if we already have one with a lot of information so we can avoid repetitive comments. That's why we have a search feature to help members find what they are looking for faster rather than waiting. Nothing wrong with asking again but expect to be pointed to a post already covering the topic to your question.

And third, if we see questions that have already been answered and links to those answers have been provided we often lock these posts because, as I said, we would rather not have the same question show up multiple times during a search in the information is the same.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.