• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Social Media Do you cross promote your content? And if so, has it helped or harmed you?

modernhippieproject

www.themodernhippieproject.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm trying to repurpose content as much as possible to maximize my ROI so-to-speak (I'm not monetized on anything yet, but working on it). But I get really conflicting viewpoints - some say YES, DO IT. Others say no, be authentic. What are your thoughts? And your personal experiences?

• Love
Reactions: Yayat dini

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I ABSOLUTELY repurpose content. I don't 'recycle' content though. The difference being that I take clips which I had filmed and I create shorter videos... like little trailers for the main video that I filmed. These get pushed to our social media platforms.

It can take upwards of 8 weeks from the time I upload a video to YouTube until the day it gets published (I'm really good at batch-filming my content). So typically Twitter, Instagram and Patreon are places where viewers get to see the things we've done well before the actual video comes out (Patreon gets unique, specific behind-the-scenes videos also). So they get a glimpse into the content when it happens. A few weeks later I'll make the trailer video and post that as a Shorts, Reel or Story on Instagram (to promote the actual video just before it gets published) and a Tik Tok.

It gets convoluted for sure, and can be confusing. but I try to get the absolute most out of every shot I can get. Switching up the timeframe is one way of keeping what could be construed as stale-content fresh as well as a means of hyping the main product.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It can take upwards of 8 weeks from the time I upload a video to YouTube until the day it gets published (I'm really good at batch-filming my content). So typically Twitter, Instagram and Patreon are places where viewers get to see the things we've done well before the actual video comes out (Patreon gets unique, specific behind-the-scenes videos also). So they get a glimpse into the content when it happens. A few weeks later I'll make the trailer video and post that as a Shorts, Reel or Story on Instagram (to promote the actual video just before it gets published) and a Tik Tok.

Wow, 8 weeks? And you post to Twitter, Instagram, and Patreon also? Are you doing it yourself or do you have help from someone?

It is all I can do just to keep up with YT much less worry about any other platforms.

• Love
Reactions: Yayat dini

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
No kidding, right!?! Can't tell you number of times I wish I had just one camera guy so I could concentrate on the fishing or vice versa.

100%! People don't realize the work it takes to shoot a fishing video by yourself. Invariably you miss the crucial shot you really wanted to catch. Camera batteries die, are not pointing in the right direction, SD cards get full, etc, etc. In one of my fishing vids, I hooked a 20lb Smallmought Buffalow while jig fishing for crappie fish with 6lb test line and had an epic 30-minute battle. When I checked my camera, the camera had overheated and shut off at some point before and I had missed the whole fight. :sob: You can't just go out and reproduce something like that. Later that day, my buddy caught a 12lb fish and after he got it in, I let it rest a little, hooked it on my line and let it swim out, and pulled it in, trying to fake a hard fight, to try to capture some footage for my video. I know my viewers will never know that that footage was staged, but I am still upset that I lost the original footage. Nothing I could stage could come close to that original fight.

1646494392891.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Damon