• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question 150,000 Subscribers Target This Year

Opwell Forex

opwellforex.org
Subscriber Goal
I'm just getting started on YouTube and I am looking forward to getting at least 150,000 subscribers by the end of this year, 2022. I would really appreciate it if you can share tips and strategies I can use to achieve this target.

Reactions: Hihimchannel

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
First off I'd say good luck with your goal and what's your current level of subs?
Just consistency, high quality content, SEO optimization, thumbnail design etc and I'd just also breaking down the overall goal into small steps so like you'd like to have 100subs by a certain time but I'd say it's possible to get 150k subs in a year but it's difficult and YouTube is a marathon not a sprint as most creators take years get that level of subs.

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
50 to 150,000 subscribers in 1 year is a very unusual leap. It "has been done", by a very lucky select few. Even most "huge" creators took multiple years to get to 150k subs.

If you are already experienced, unusually well spoken, above average appearance and really well on trend, with really great production quality - then maybe you could make 150k subs in 1 year from scratch.

I just saw another channel today that went from 5k to 50k in 1 year (2021), published 97 videos in that year which were all pretty high quality and with good information value (good research went into making them). I suspect this was their full time job to make 97 quality videos in one year. So a non-trivial amount of time invested - basically 2 videos per week less a few holidays.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
If you are already experienced, unusually well spoken, above average appearance and really well on trend, with really great production quality - then maybe you could make 150k subs in 1 year from scratch.

Ben, I visited your channel and you are smoking it on your channel! Your first video has over 10,000 views? You have some insane number of views that is astounding. I don't think I've seen such good view performance on the very first videos like yours. Share your secrets if you are willing.

Reactions: Hihimchannel

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I'm just getting started on YouTube and I am looking forward to getting at least 150,000 subscribers by the end of this year, 2022. I would really appreciate it if you can share tips and strategies I can use to achieve this target.
If you're just starting, I would aim for a much smaller goal. I'm not saying you shouldn't want to get there eventually, but thats a huge number. It will take you a very long time to get there, and you'll just get discouraged and burnout if you're aiming too high. Aim smaller, like 100 subscribers in the next month or two, or a couple thousand subscribers by the end of the year. Thats much more obtainable and realistic.

Reactions: Opwell Forex

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
Ben, I visited your channel and you are smoking it on your channel! Your first video has over 10,000 views? You have some insane number of views that is astounding. I don't think I've seen such good view performance on the very first videos like yours. Share your secrets if you are willing.
Thanks for compliment @MattCommand1! :blush: Feel free to start a new thread and tag me in it with some more questions if you like (so we don't take over this thread). And FYI, I just filmed a full studio tour video this last weekend, need a couple weeks to edit, but will be my highest production quality video for sure!

But for those on this thread thinking specifically about subscriber growth, here's my story for comparison:
  • I started at the start of the pandemic March 2020.
  • Took me 8+ months to record my first video as I saved up and bought cameras and lights and mics and worked on my branding (choosing a channel name, website domain name, social handles, etc).
  • Then I've been making videos for over a year now with 1815 subs today and 152,000 views (this is nearly 2 years from the day I decided to start YouTube).
  • I have a full-time job and a family with kids. So I obviously can't dedicate as much time to this as I'd enjoy - only published 15 videos in 2021. But those are real numbers.
Even if I was 100% fulltime on YouTube I'm not sure I would have been able to make 97 quality videos in my first year. There is a learning curve for everything from video editing, to sound, to lighting, to seo. I'll be quite happy if I make it >100k subs in 3-5 years.

P.S. I have 2 "break away" videos that are responsible for a lot of views. A dell monitor review at ~33k views and a raspberry pi rackmount at ~45k views. The raspberry pi rackmount video alone was >800 subscribers. Both continue to get 80-100 views per day. The irony is that both of those videos were totally unscripted and the dell monitor one was lower production quality (very few video lights, kit lenses on the camera, etc).

Reactions: Opwell Forex

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal

Unless you have celebrity power (already well known to the general public) and able to get solid foundation of credibility upfront, 0 subs to 150k subs in one year is near impossible. If you are just starting out without any social media presence, I would try a lower and more tangible goal. Being a content creator on YT, you will soon realize how difficult it is to gain the trust from your random viewers to click that subscribe button or just to come back to watch your future content. A more achievable goal is 1k subs + monetization under 12 months.