• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Tried Voice Over

Bretski

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: Bretski
Title of thread: Tried Voice Over
Self review: I felt more comfortable towards the end but I know I still need to do a lot of work to make myself talking in videos not seem so forced. Im curious if it's all in my head and i sound fine or if i really do need to workout on my voice over.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJJ-6Fc31qo&t=5s

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/47936/

Rasec

TubeBuddy User
Hello Bretski, like you said you felt a little better at the end. I find it best if you write a script on paper on what you want to say. I also think if you do it in parts as your video move along this will help. This way you can have less dead air in your video. Always remember you don't have to keep the first or the 10th voice over. You can also add a little music when you don't have anything to say. The best thing to do is practice, write a script and have fun with your voice over. Remember you have that delete button that you can start over anytime you like. Just know the more you do voice over the better you will become. Try to smile when you do your voice over, when you smile your face is relax and the words just flow off your tongue. It also makes it fun and not feel like a low paying job. That you're just trying to put out to put out a video. Good luck and have a happy voice over day.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Dude... this is awesome! Great video, awesome concept and commitment!!! This has 'viral' written all over it!

Ok... so your personality etc; I don't know how to convey this to you so I am going to do my best... you should never worry about that again. If you upgraded your mic and you could pump yourself up to about 110% you from the beginning then your work would be on par with any professional out there. Until then you are simply 'totally fine' and should not be concerned about your performance or persona.

Here's the deal though; that thumbnail is not rocking. It's good... but it does not do this video justice. You really have a concept that could go viral; combining Ark with these Minecraft-esque builds is such an awesome combination of two different worlds. You need a REALLY amazing thumbnail. Let's look at yours compared to the competition:

1646229401149.png

Not terrible... it fits. But you don't want to 'fit.' You want to stand out. You want your thumbnail to be the one that catches the attention of the viewer. I'm going to challenge you to step it up in your thumbnail game; you have plenty on your channel that look really sharp. So you know what you are doing. Time to take it to the next level.

Ok, here's some other notes. You should change the title to 'Ark Arena Build - Pokemon Stadium' and I would like to see you include the terms 'Ark Arena Build' and 'Pokemon Stadium' in the first 200 characters of your title and makes sure they are in your tags. Combine this with a thumbnail that pops out against that competition and I am confident you will see some results.

sanja_psychologist

Subscriber Goal
Hello Bretski, you sound natural it doesn't sound forced. What I learned is that the audio quality is more important then the video quality. If the audio is high quality people will connect that with video. So investing in good mic is a good idea. It doesn't have to be the best and most expensive one for beginning. I just bought the Razer Seiren Mini USB Condenser Microphone and it improved the audio quality of my videos soooooo much. I hope I helped. :)

lifting veils

Subscriber Goal
I think it natural to start off sounding a bit nervous but as you get into the video you start relaxing and it sounds better.
Though I think you sound natural in the video

Amie43

Subscriber Goal
User name: Bretski
Title of thread: Tried Voice Over
Self review: I felt more comfortable towards the end but I know I still need to do a lot of work to make myself talking in videos not seem so forced. Im curious if it's all in my head and i sound fine or if i really do need to workout on my voice over.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJJ-6Fc31qo&t=5s

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/47936/

I think you did a great job, but: the voiceover could be louder. If you prerecorded it,you can go to mp3 louder online and increase the volume.

• Love
Reactions: kimnga3338

Nicktrix

I love this!! You truly ae committed to the video and it does help the viewer more engaged in the video
The only criticis I have is to probably invest in a better mic, trim up the video so the viewer doesn't skip through it, and creating a script for videos will also help.

Overall, this was good!!