• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review The Little Life of Em Channel Review

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
User name: Yours Truly
Title of thread: The Little Life of Em Channel Review
Self review: How does the overall asthetic of my channel look? I've recently started working on making my thumbnails look somewhat uniform (pink and gold color scheme). Do they look like they all are uniform? What are your initial thoughts when viewing my channel, and what improvements can I make, either to my videos or my channel?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvKCQemyOWwKOl2vzRme_aQ
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/46718/post-14807

Barkey

There's some good content here. I think the one thing I noticed was that the fonts on the thumbnails are kind of hard to see. Let's look at the "How to Save Money" one. Because the font is thin, it tends to blend in to its surroundings. I don't have the gold paint stroke asset you used, so instead I just made a simple gold box for my example, and found a similar font. I added a drop shadow, but even at small sizes, it sort of disappears. That's partly because script fonts can be thin, and partly because of the colors and the glow effect. I found another, beefier font that was still fun, and tried that. I wanted to keep the pink and gold, but ran out of time, so I just opted for a white background in the third one. It's vastly not perfect, but you can see how it's becoming more legible at small sizes. If I had more time I could do better, but I was in a rush to get to work. :(

Attachments

• medium.jpg
    medium.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 94
  • small.jpg
    small.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Love
Reactions: Yours Truly

Bretski

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi just checked out your channel, absolutely love the gold look.
My suggestion is maybe making your "The Little Life of Em" in your profile picture a little more bold so you can see it better. Another suggestion is to try and shorten your video titles a little bit. You have an awesome channel, keep up the good work :)

• Love
OP
OP
Yours Truly

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
There's some good content here. I think the one thing I noticed was that the fonts on the thumbnails are kind of hard to see. Let's look at the "How to Save Money" one. Because the font is thin, it tends to blend in to its surroundings. I don't have the gold paint stroke asset you used, so instead I just made a simple gold box for my example, and found a similar font. I added a drop shadow, but even at small sizes, it sort of disappears. That's partly because script fonts can be thin, and partly because of the colors and the glow effect. I found another, beefier font that was still fun, and tried that. I wanted to keep the pink and gold, but ran out of time, so I just opted for a white background in the third one. It's vastly not perfect, but you can see how it's becoming more legible at small sizes. If I had more time I could do better, but I was in a rush to get to work. :(
Wow, this is fantastic! Thank you!!

OP
OP
Yours Truly

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Hi just checked out your channel, absolutely love the gold look.
My suggestion is maybe making your "The Little Life of Em" in your profile picture a little more bold so you can see it better. Another suggestion is to try and shorten your video titles a little bit. You have an awesome channel, keep up the good work :)
Thank you so much!! I will definitely do this!

Reactions: Bretski
OP
OP
Yours Truly

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
User name: Yours Truly
Title of thread: The Little Life of Em Channel Review
Self review: How does the overall asthetic of my channel look? I've recently started working on making my thumbnails look somewhat uniform (pink and gold color scheme). Do they look like they all are uniform? What are your initial thoughts when viewing my channel, and what improvements can I make, either to my videos or my channel?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvKCQemyOWwKOl2vzRme_aQ
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/46718/post-14807
Another question is: Is my niche clear? I consider myself a lifestyle YouTuber. Am I too all over the place with my videos, or does it seem all relevant?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
When I first saw your channel, I thought you were a teenager in high school. But the titles in your video indicate you are over 18, hence, an adult.

Ultimately, you will reach 20 years old very soon and will no longer be a "teenager".

When I see your channel name, the word that sticks out is "little". I interpret that as you being modest and the life you lead is "little" perhaps compared to others. My view is "your life is your life" and it isn't "little".

I think you and your channel will inevitably grow. So my thinking is that your channel should be "The Life of Em". Leave out the "little".

If you say your channel name out loud, there might be confusion between "Em" and the letter M if someone wanted to search. I assume "Em" is short for Emily?

I thought about "Em's Life", "Emily's Life", "The Life of Emily" as possible variations to consider.

Of course, at the end of the day, your videos are much more important than the channel name. But the channel name does have some influence also.

OP
OP
Yours Truly

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
When I first saw your channel, I thought you were a teenager in high school. But the titles in your video indicate you are over 18, hence, an adult.

Ultimately, you will reach 20 years old very soon and will no longer be a "teenager".

When I see your channel name, the word that sticks out is "little". I interpret that as you being modest and the life you lead is "little" perhaps compared to others. My view is "your life is your life" and it isn't "little".

I think you and your channel will inevitably grow. So my thinking is that your channel should be "The Life of Em". Leave out the "little".

If you say your channel name out loud, there might be confusion between "Em" and the letter M if someone wanted to search. I assume "Em" is short for Emily?

I thought about "Em's Life", "Emily's Life", "The Life of Emily" as possible variations to consider.

Of course, at the end of the day, your videos are much more important than the channel name. But the channel name does have some influence also.
Thank you for this feedback! Yes, I've gotten several comments about my channel name. I went ahead and changed it to "The Secret Life of Em" due to so many other channels having "The Little Life" in the title. I really do like the ring that "Life of Em" has to it, and Em is my nickname, so I wanted to put it in there. I do like The Life of Em, but I feel like it needs an adjective! :)

• Love
Reactions: MattCommand1

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for this feedback! Yes, I've gotten several comments about my channel name. I went ahead and changed it to "The Secret Life of Em" due to so many other channels having "The Little Life" in the title. I really do like the ring that "Life of Em" has to it, and Em is my nickname, so I wanted to put it in there. I do like The Life of Em, but I feel like it needs an adjective! :)

Oooh... I like "The Secret Life of Em". It is provocative (in a good way) and a bit mysterious.