• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion What's your benchmark number of videos that one should upload as a good "Now they're no longer a new YouTuber" threshold point?

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
To me, when I visit a channel, I don't care about how many videos they have uploaded, I only care about if their content looks and feels professional.

Me personally, I don't care about professionalism. The media world has lots of professional content, Hollywood, TV, Cable, etc. Professionalism to me equals, "Scripted" which means that there is a degree of fakeness to it, or it is an act. What I want is genuiness and honesty. YouTube was originally created to be a place where non-profesionsal could have a place to share their content without the need to compete with the "Professional" world. That is the very thing that made YouTube GREAT, is the lack of the requirement to be a profesional. The day that YouTube loses this and everyone is required to be a "Professional" is the day the dream of YouTube dies.

To me, professionalism is a turn off. The world has too much professionalism. If I want professional, I will watch, TV, or Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc. I come to YouTube to see regular REAL people. I have built my channel around this idea. I never want people to see me as a professional. I want them to see me as a real person being honest and open with them. But this is just my own personal opinion.

Last edited:

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
To me, professionalism is a turn off. The world has too much professionalism. If I want professional, I will watch, TV, or Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc. I come to YouTube to see regular REAL people. I have built my channel around this idea. I never want people to see me as a professional. I want them to see me as a real person being honest and open with them. But this is just my own personal opinion.

When I meant professional, I meant how the content is presented with clear audio, good sequence of info, and some creativity. It all depends on the viewer and what kind of audience you want for your channel. When I am searching for something to watch on youtube, usually I am in research mode and I would rather get the info from a channel that presents it in an efficient and creative way. Is that shallow? Sure - judging a book by the cover is exactly how CTRs work and if you want your channel to grow, you have to up your game to make your content more attractive. When I click on a video from a channel I never heard of and the video doesn't have good audio quality or it was just a clickbait, then I am naturally turned off from the channel and I will most likely not return to it until few more months down the line to see if the channel has improved. Everyone has their own taste on what they want to watch.