• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Is this video any good?

Theory Guitar

Guitarist and YouTube Enthusiast
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Reactions: Prompt Review

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
As a lay person who has no experience with guitars, I thought you did a fine job and you came across as likable. It had a leisurely pace and the ongoing music in the background was a nice touch. However, in some spots, you might have been better of lowering the music volume during times you were speaking. Asking for the like and subscribe at the top of the video made me a bit uncomfortable but a lot of people do it. There are discussions on the pros and cons of doing it that way.

I think all of us have to grow into our camera personalities but that comes with being on camera more. I thought your editing style was okay. There wasn't anything that jumped out at me.

Reactions: Theory Guitar

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I really liked the video. You spoke clearly and explained things really well. You had great on screen overlays showing the chords and you were quick, straight to the point with things with out long winded intros etc. The fact you are a new channel you seem to be doing everything correctly from and editing point of view and i wouldn't say your vide is boring at all so keep up the good work!

Reactions: Theory Guitar
OP
OP
Theory Guitar

Theory Guitar

Guitarist and YouTube Enthusiast
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I really liked the video. You spoke clearly and explained things really well. You had great on screen overlays showing the chords and you were quick, straight to the point with things with out long winded intros etc. The fact you are a new channel you seem to be doing everything correctly from and editing point of view and i wouldn't say your vide is boring at all so keep up the good work!
Thanks so much!

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog

Prompt Review

TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
User name: Theory Guitar
Title of thread: Is this video any good?
Self review: So I think this is one of my better videos but what do you guys think? is it too long? is it boring? Thanks for the help!
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/_NU1eP34Bz4

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/46579/

The use of B Roll in this video is superb. Keeps the viewer engaged and also shows that you are camera or video editor knowledgeable, in addition to the guitar (great two sets of skills to have). The balance to music versus your voice, is quite perfect I must say actually. It's not too loud and not too low, but just rather right actually. Very engaging for me. To hear and see you play what I'm hearing on screen, perfect audio mixing. Critiques: The intro piece where you have the subsribe button being clicked, should be placed either in the front of the entire video, or if you want to keep the element you have going, I would actually place that right where you say in the intro "alright let's get started". You can place that intro clip there, then just jump right in to the video and continue everything. Just felt a little misplaced, but nothing too serious. Just nitpicking from a great video, the minor things that I do see. I would also caution that if you're saying "let's get started" or "let's get into the video" you should actually start the portion of the video you are referring to, immediately after there. You kind of let your guitar sequence finish playing out after you said the video would "start" and I had the anticipation and mindset of waiting or anticipating a change on the screen, but it was delayed and came just a few seconds (probably 8-10 or so) after you said let's get started. I would clean up those two things, and other than that continue on how you have because you really have a great video. Some more "trending" guitar topics might help you boost to the top because you've got the guitar skills, just need to find the interest or popular trend in the world at the moment for specific guitar-like videos. TubeBuddy could probably help you with that! Good video and good luck man! I'm sure you'll gain more audience!