• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Thumbnail

Theory Guitar

Guitarist and YouTube Enthusiast
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ok here we go again. What does everyone think? Words too small? Boring?
Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 12.18.30 PM.jpeg

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
What is the title of this video?

OP
OP
Theory Guitar

Theory Guitar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Not positive exactly but probably Learn the Names of the guitar Strings.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
People are going to have trouble seeing this thumbnail on the phone. Every element is too small for mobile viewing. You have to make the elements pop more with the outline effect and higher-contrast colors.

Reactions: Theory Guitar

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I threw this together in Canva as an example of what pops and can be seen both on desktop and mobile. You can change the font and colors to whatever you want. Notice I put a halo outline around your photo to make you pop out. I put in the dark guitar string image in the background to help make the foreground images stand out more.

I got rid of too extraneous text for people to read. The emphasis is "the strings", not the learning. Learning goes without saying.

I tilted the text to be more of an attention-getter than straight horizontal text.

I moved your image to the left because the strings are the centerpiece and theme.

Does this help you see what I mean?

Learn the Name of the Strings (1).jpg

OP
OP
Theory Guitar

Theory Guitar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I threw this together in Canva as an example of what pops and can be seen both on desktop and mobile. You can change the font and colors to whatever you want. Notice I put a halo outline around your photo to make you pop out. I put in the dark guitar string image in the background to help make the foreground images stand out more.

I got rid of too extraneous text for people to read. The emphasis is "the strings", not the learning. Learning goes without saying.

I tilted the text to be more of an attention-getter than straight horizontal text.

I moved your image to the left because the strings are the centerpiece and theme.

View attachment 11518
Totally I really like that. I am going to look at Canva right now and start using it. I cant do that halo thing on the one I am using. Thanks so much for the help.

Reactions: MattCommand1
OP
OP
Theory Guitar

Theory Guitar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Could you by any chance share that project with me??

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal

View attachment 11518
You should do a video just on making thumbnails!!! This is so creative and looks amazing!

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
You should do a video just on making thumbnails!!! This is so creative and looks amazing!

Thanks for that! I appreciate it.

I might put up my personal checklist of my approach to thumbnails in a future post. My approach is heavily influenced by Derral Eves, his associates, and successful students. It is by no means the only style and approach but it resonates with me for now and is a template/formula that I can replicate.