• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Social Media Being harrassed

vwes59

Subscriber Goal
Now, he's an interesting one for you all to ponder.

If you get someone just being a pain on Youtube and posting bad comments just for the sake of it, you can hide them and forget about it can't you ? Well not in my case I'm afraid.

Because I run a business, and my Youtube channel is an arm of that, it's not hard for anyone to find contact details, as otherwise I wouldn't get any clients !!

Well that unfortunately has now worked against me. This "person" has now been texting and phone both my mobile and home numbers and now leaving nasty comments on my company's facebook page. Now I've been able to block them from Facebook and put blocks in place with the phones, but it's still an unnerving development.

Has anyone else had this escalation in someone just wanting to be a pain in the backside, has anyone had to finally get authorities involved ? It's been a worry for the family, and it's whether I do contact the authorities in the UK, but the issue is I think, they won't do anything as the person hasn't threatened us, just trying to discredit me and the company.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I am curious as to the underlying reason for the hostility and negativity. What are they saying or complaining about?

If you can find out the root cause, it might be easier to take care of it that way. (Possible remedies might be an apology, refund, or reach out and ask why they are so upset and what you can do to ease their upset.)

If you don't try to deal with the underlying upset, you may be playing wack-a-mole with this person for awhile.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
You may have ground against them for writing libel and defamatory attacks against your business. You need to either talk to a lawyer or the authorities. We can't give legal advise here especially given that the laws in UK may be vastly different than here in the United States.

OP
OP
vwes59

vwes59

Subscriber Goal
Sorry for taking so long to reply, been a busy December.

Basically the person is just dissing my work for dissing sake to be honest. Doesn't back up his comments when asked, and then other people get in on the act and it just got messy, so I hid all his comments and those from other people who were just being a pain. But he then made some deliberate bad reviews on my company facebook page, which I had to deal with. Luckily I have a great client base, who basically told the person where to go and that I'd never done any work for them or anything else.

So where am I now. Well his phone numbers have been blocked on my mobile and main phone, he's banned from the youtube channel and Facebook page, although he's tried to circumvent that by getting new accounts which I've had to ban as well. Yes. eventually I might have to get serious and involve the authorities in the UK with a possible restraining order, but I hope that won't be necessary - hopefully they will just get bored and go away.

I'm just putting my energy into growing the channel - its had phenomenal success over christmas, and I'm likely to get monetized towards the end of Jan if the growth carries on which is amazing - 9 months from starting the channel. Mustn't get deflected by 1 or 2 people when they are in a very small minority of my viewers who are loving what I'm doing.

• Love
Reactions: Damon