• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How many hours do you spend on YouTube?

DebuJalanan

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It takes 2 hours for me to edit a video. On Youtube alone, it takes half an hour to upload the video, plus adding title, description and tags.

Reactions: Damon

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
On my gaming channel, not counting the gaming time that I used to create the content for editing, it could take me up to 4 hours to edit, upload and set up the video on YouTube.

On my second channel the filming and editing could take me up to 5 hour a day sometimes multiple days before uploading. Then about an hour on YouTube setting it up.

Woodward

TubeBuddy Legend
www.woodwardenglish.com
Subscriber Goal
Since I normally don't appear in person in my videos, I easily spend around 10-20 hours (spread over a week) just to create/edit a short 5-10 minute video.
BUT before this, I can spend up to 10 hours investigating or creating the script for that video.
Now, I also spend up to an hour a day going back to older videos that don't have CC (subtitles) and create them in English (and sometimes Spanish when I have time).
So yes, YouTube consumes a lot of my day.

millennialhour

Subscriber Goal
More hours than is probably is healthy. I spend a lot of time researching for my own channel, looking for anything that would be useful or if I'm trying to decompress.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
if I tell you 24/7, would you believe me?
Yeah I'm pretty close to those numbers myself... and the worst part is that I probably spend less than an 3-4 hours per week actually watching videos. It's all sweat labor!

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
In a sense, I spend easily 30+ hours per week in one way, shape, or form while also taking care of my other business responsibilities. I believe in immersion if you want to get good and be knowledgeable. YT is on my mind a lot when I check my TB milestones, VidIQ achievements, and YT analytics.

I actively keep up with certain channels to see how they edit, present, and listen to their ideas/perspective. I jump here to the TB Forums to keep up with what is going on. There is a certain amount of "maintenance" I do regardless of whether I am in "production mode". I have more ideas than I can execute. I write outlines & scripts. I tweak titles, thumbnails, descriptions, etc. occasionally. Recording gets easier but the editing time is by far the biggest obstacle to moving faster. It is grueling and it burns up so many hours.

I view YT as a startup business venture and an entrepreneurial effort putting lots of time, energy, thought, and sacrificed income into it every day and every week. I am frugal but make strategic investments such as TB subscription, equipment, Silence Detection remover (automatically removes dead/quiet spots in raw footage), and hopefully a video editor to help me. I have the support of my fiance (having emotional/moral support is important) who I keep apprised as to my goals, milestones, progress, strategic moves, and new relationships I develop.

But I also make sure I self-nourish with good sleep, good meals, reward myself with little things to keep my optimism up, and allow myself down-time because I know this is a multi-year marathon to get where I want to be.

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
How many hours do you spend on YouTube?

Creating? About an hour per day.
Watching? I don't know, 2 hours? I watch a lot of how to do special effects and promote/create your videos as well as horror or action movies but not all of the movies are on YouTube. I also watch a couple of friends' channels but those videos are usually only about 10m to 20m each.

Reactions: McFishFillet

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I spend more time than I should watching. As for creating, it takes me half an hour or so to film, editing and thumbnail takes an hour or two. So it takes about 2 hours or so for me to make a video, I would guess.

Reactions: McFishFillet

3oaksmusic

TubeBuddy Pro
Editing rushes, uploading, creating thumbnail, writing content.... I would say about 2-3 hours (depends the lenght of the video)... I also watch tutorials, tips, other channels etc....once again about 2-3 hours

Reactions: Necros

LeylaMango

TubeBuddy User
calicovillage.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
I typically take 10-20 minutes to film, and 30-40 minutes editing and doing all that SEO stuff (plus uploading).
As for watching, it varies. I have had days where I watched 6+ hours (of gameplay which was exciting) and days where I've only watched one 30 second short.

onetiggerroo

It depends on whether or not I am loading a video. I do have a few choice channels that I watch. And that is between 1-3 hours a day, plus my uploads.