• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Some Tips or editor to do thumbnails

Xolaris

Personally I use Pixlr. its a good starting editor AND its a browser (no download required). There are better editors out there but this one is free and beginner friendly. If your making thumbnails on the go, I recommend using BAZAART (its a mobile app)

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
You can get a free Canva account. There are many starter thumbnail templates to get you started. Ultimately, you will want to learn to customize them. But it helps to start with something free and easy.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Personally I use Pixlr. its a good starting editor AND its a browser (no download required). There are better editors out there but this one is free and beginner friendly. If your making thumbnails on the go, I recommend using BAZAART (its a mobile app)

I just checked out Pixlr as you suggested. It is an excellent suggestion for someone who wants "free". Some nice thumbnail templates.

It is pretty cool and also has some nice free thumbnail templates. The background remover feature is separate from the main editor but it is free.

Do you happen to know the licensing policy of the images they offer?

Reactions: Xolaris

Xolaris

I just checked out Pixlr as you suggested. It is an excellent suggestion for someone who wants "free". Some nice thumbnail templates.

It is pretty cool and also has some nice free thumbnail templates. The background remover feature is separate from the main editor but it is free.

Do you happen to know the licensing policy of the images they offer?
Sorry brother Idk, I believe you have to register for a license through a subscription thing. I never looked into it so I could be wrong

Woodward

TubeBuddy Legend
www.woodwardenglish.com
Subscriber Goal
Canva is a free resource that you can use and does the job.
Personally I use Adobe Illustrator for my thumbnails since I use Adobe's Creative Cloud for my videos/websites/infographics etc... my day-to-day work. (Note: Adobe CC is not cheap)

Theory Guitar

Guitarist and YouTube Enthusiast
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use Keynote or Canva. Keynote is kind of a weird one but it gets the job done and it was included with the computer :)

Reactions: Marko

ScarTV

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I've been using Photopea for a few years now. It's essentially a browser-based Photoshop with a few less features. It's completely free to use, if you can bare the ads. There's a premium version that removes ads and lets you see farther back in your edit history, but personally it's never burdened me enough to need premium.

With that said, I do recommend Photoshop if you can afford it.