• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback How To Improve My Thumbnails?

Xolaris

I make gaming videos, mostly about funny moments. this is basically what all my thumbnails look like, can I get advice?
1637716344048.png
1637716356905.png
1637716369417.png

It seems I have fallen into the same template. Close up of a face with COD logo somewhere

Attachments

• 1637716268798.png
    1637716268798.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 184

Summit

I think that The zombie thumbnail is very good. It is simple, and though i have not play call of duty, the picture i think describes it. And Your branding does not need to be a logo or character in each thumbnail. maybe just the color red and the color blue could be your branding. But back to your thumbnails, the zombie one is easy to understand because it supplements the title. The title and thumbnail should supplement each other.

Reactions: Xolaris
OP
OP
Xolaris

Xolaris

I think that The zombie thumbnail is very good. It is simple, and though i have not play call of duty, the picture i think describes it. And Your branding does not need to be a logo or character in each thumbnail. maybe just the color red and the color blue could be your branding. But back to your thumbnails, the zombie one is easy to understand because it supplements the title. The title and thumbnail should supplement each other.
Thanks for the feedback, the zombie one is the latest one so I guess that hints that I am improving. Happy thanksgiving brother

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I am an occasional PC Gamer and only visit Gaming YT channels once in a while. I stopped by your channel to see your thumbnails.

I am from the school of thought that if you are going to use text in a thumbnail, it needs to be large enough to be readable! Personally, I do like a little bit of text to help describe the video (but don't get wordy).

I also tend to like thumbnails that pop out with high contrast colors. If you are using an image that is kind of bland in colors, you can make your thumbnail pop by using a "loud" color like Bright Red, Bright Green, Bright Yellow, etc. on a darker background.

I am a big believer in visual branding. That means you should try to work towards a reasonably consistent style. Your thumbnails vary a lot in style. So it gives the impression you are sporadic in your channel.

I am with everyone else, your Zombie thumbnail is clearly the best one. Keep studying and watching other people's thumbnails. Over time, you will evolve to your own thumbnail style.

Reactions: Xolaris
OP
OP
Xolaris

Xolaris

I am an occasional PC Gamer and only visit Gaming YT channels once in a while. I stopped by your channel to see your thumbnails.

I am from the school of thought that if you are going to use text in a thumbnail, it needs to be large enough to be readable! Personally, I do like a little bit of text to help describe the video (but don't get wordy).

I also tend to like thumbnails that pop out with high contrast colors. If you are using an image that is kind of bland in colors, you can make your thumbnail pop by using a "loud" color like Bright Red, Bright Green, Bright Yellow, etc. on a darker background.

I am a big believer in visual branding. That means you should try to work towards a reasonably consistent style. Your thumbnails vary a lot in style. So it gives the impression you are sporadic in your channel.

I am with everyone else, your Zombie thumbnail is clearly the best one. Keep studying and watching other people's thumbnails. Over time, you will evolve to your own thumbnail style.
Thanks! I'll try to make the text more readable

Combat Chicken

Less is more, less text, straight to the point or something provocative to catch attention. One word could make tons of more people click compared to a bunch of smaller details. The first one looks good, but also looks generic. Try and put something in of your own, check other thumbnails, get inspiration and make it your own.