• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Please Review My Channel & Offer Feedback

Clint

Subscriber Goal
User name: Clint
Title of thread: Please Review My Channel & Offer Feedback
Self review: Type of Channel: Golf Content. I provide golf content to viewers. Lately I've been shying away from tips/tricks or advice...because I suck lol. I have made course vlogs which seem to do okay, shorts on PGA players and those seem to do the best. Because of that I started doing in depth videos on PGA players and those haven't gotten the best traction but I'm going to keep trying. Budget Product reviews seem to do the best (for longer vids) to be honest and I don't mind making them, but it takes time and money (to order the product) so they aren't the easiest to make:). I would like you (the reader) to review my channel and tell me if I need to improve in any areas ie. Audio, Video, Thumbnails, or cleaning up the banner. Anything else you think of, feel free to speak freely...you won't hurt my feelings. I'm a big boy and can take it;)
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChctAVUEz6qKz8bqPyQ2B4A/featured
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/45106/post-145114

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
My general first impression is that you have wordy titles. It is a lot to read. Of course, some videos long titles are unavoidable. But nearly every video you have contains LONG titles that exceed the viewable area.

Another thing I noticed is that you don't have thumbnails on Shorts. Although they are short in length, I still don't want to click because there isn't anything that is grabbing me. But your other long form videos, your thumbnails seem okay.

I am not a golf enthusiast so I cannot comment on the content itself.

Reactions: Clint
OP
OP
Clint

Clint

Subscriber Goal
Hi Matt, thanks for reviewing my channel:).

You are right, I do have wordy titles, I'll have to try and clean those up. The shorts not having a thumbnail is weird because I uploaded custom ones and can see them on my end...maybe I'll take a look via incognito mode and see if there is some sort of glitch or disconnect. Thanks for the heads up!

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Hi Clint,

I did some Google searches on whether thumbnails are allowed on Shorts. There seems to be some conflicting info. I did see one comment that if YT does not allow shorts, one trick to create the illusion of a thumbnail is to edit in an image at the start of the video that you would like as a thumbnail.

However, the downside of that is that you have only 1 chance to get it right. I can tell you I've changed thumbnails a few times AFTER a video is released when I found that own thumbnails needed improvement.

I might create one Shorts video just to see what everyone is dealing with and find out what is allowed and not allowed.

Reactions: Clint