• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Facebook What Do You Think About Facebook's New Company Name Meta?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just so we're clear, Facebook, the social media site, is not changing it's name to Meta. Basically what's going on is Mark the Zuck decided to change the name of the parent company Facebook to Meta like Google did a little whiles back changing Google into Alphabet which is the parent company and umbrella for all of Google's services like Google Search, Chrome, Gmail and even Android.

In Facebook's case Meta is now the parent company and umbrella for Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp and Oculus. It might seem confusing to some but in the end it's all the same with the exception of some legal stuff that changes for them. I think it's just meant to sound cool while also avoiding the fallout of Facebook's problems so that it seems like Meta is the one that messed up, not Facebook.

So what do you think about the changes?

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Google changed their name? I suppose Meta will mean about as much as Alphabet. A pretty much ignored name... Just my impression.

Bruiser

Subscriber Goal
I will still mindlessly share mediocre memes and occasionally check in with family on it like nothing's changed, so no big reaction for me here :joy:

ddevi

Meta is a good rising platform in the upcoming times. I must say! The way companies are approaching towards it and opening different store is quite impressive.

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Honestly, I don't care. When Facebook started depressing YouTube video links, they lost me. Facebook is potentially the worst form of human communication ever invented and it has actually been very harmful for society. FB recently suffered the biggest single-day value lost in the history of the world, and I pray that it only goes down from here. The day that Facebook goes the way of MySpace will be a great day for humanity.

Reactions: Theory Guitar